Accounts Payable Manager
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to be responsible for overseeing the Accounts Payable department and directing staff in processing invoices and payments, handling expense accounts, managing budget reports for a business or organization and assist in processing invoices. We are looking for someone that understands AP’s nuances and complexities, but that can think creatively and contribute cross-functionally. This professional will have strong attention to detail while also being proactive and self-directed, setting the bar high for their self and their work product. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment, and can effectively problem solve in a fast-paced environment then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Manages the Accounts Payable (AP) department including but not limited to: vendor relations and management, invoice entry and processing, disbursements, expense report reimbursements, departmental reporting, 1099s, tax related matters, compliance, etc.
- Establishes and facilitates the achievement of department objectives.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of all transactions and related GL accounts.
- Ensure adequate process documentation and training materials are developed and maintained and support SOX compliance integrated controls.
- Manages monthly close of the AP module in Oracle including posting of month end information, ensuring accuracy of financial statements related to AP and related accruals.
- Provides accounting assistance and responds to financial inquiries to meet business needs.
- Responsible for hiring, training, motivating and evaluating AP staff members.
- Develops and manages the escheatment processes in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Manages requests from internal and external auditors.
- Establishes, monitors, and reports end to end process metrics and KPIs to measure service levels, operational effectiveness, process health and process compliance.
- Identify, implement and monitor projects for ongoing process improvement initiatives.
- Focus on continuous improvement activities by benchmarking with industry peers and engagement with vendors to identify leading business processes and technologies and evaluate those for implementation.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting/finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seven or more years of related experience.
- Three or more years of leadership experience included.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software.
- Must have large ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience.
- Highly organized individual.
- Thrives in a fast paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with accountants, clients, and upper management.
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel, management, and vendors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on processes.
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Customer service focused, balanced with efficiency and adherence to internal controls.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Back to top