- Flexible / Remote
The Predictive Index is a technology company and the leader in talent optimization. We are also an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is "Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI's power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We're our own best case study! You'll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you'll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There's a reason more than 8,000 companies-including Drift, the LA Clippers, Hugo Boss, Docusign, and Nissan-trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
We are looking for an engineering manager to lead a scrum team of about 4 engineers. If you have past experience as a software engineer and you love helping your people grow and leading your team to deliver great software. You will be responsible for coaching and mentoring engineers on your team, writing reviews and making promotion decisions. In addition you will partner with a product manager to plan and execute on a shared roadmap that advances the product while sustaining a healthy level of technical investment. Your team will look to you as their technical leader to estimate and design new features as well as plan their testing and rollout strategy. As a technical team leader, you will contribute to PI's engineering-wide investments in service oriented architecture, test automation, and infrastructure as code.
- Leverage your deep technical experience to guide your team's software development while growing your planning, management, and communication skills toward a director level engineering leadership position.
- 40% coding + code review + design. 60% planning and management
- Own a product and software services that are critical to PI's success.
- Partner with a product manager to create a product and technology investment roadmap for your team. Regularly track and communicate progress against your roadmap.
- Advocate for high value technology and process improvements within your roadmap. Clearly communicate the value of these investments to non-technical stakeholders.
- Leverage data and metrics in all your decisions. Design your software to record the data you need. Communicate usage, performance, and overall value of software through dashboards and metrics.
- Lead your team's migration to a service oriented architecture that increases speed to deployment and reduces risk.
- Lead an agile scrum team of engineers to deliver high quality software against the roadmap.
- Create your team's technical training plan. Hire new team members, coach existing team members, and invest in new skill training.
- Contribute to PI's public facing engineering brand to attract top talent to your team
- Leverage feedback and retros to continuously improve technology and process with your team.
- Rollout software updates to a large client base with no disruption of service
- Primary technologies include .NET backend and API layer with Angular and Node.js frontend, hosted in Azure Cloud
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you think you've got these skills then we want to hear from you!
- Strong track record of delivering complex projects in a fast paced, agile environment
- Experience building a service oriented architecture in the cloud.
- Passionate about automated testing
- Understanding of how to scale a system to meet the needs of a growing user base
- Change agent willing to experiment, learn, and pivot by making data driven decisions
- Strong manager, career coach, and advocate to ensure everyone on the team is happy, engaged, and challenged
- Knowledge of engineering practices in a 24/7 cloud environment
Those who excel at The Predictive Index are:
- Cross-functional: At PI, we work as a team!
- Smart: They learn our systems, data, and our industry quickly.
- Energetic: We have a vibrant office and you come ready to share your ideas.
- Driven: We're growing fast so you MUST be willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Fun: Because we work hard, we like to play hard-and we hope you do too!
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top