Contracts Specialist/ Legal Assistant
The Predictive Index is a simple methodology that allows businesses to understand what drives their people so they can take them where they want to go. Over 8,000 companies across 142 countries are using The Predictive Index to supercharge their workforce and achieve maximum velocity.
Passion, teamwork, and energy are at the core of who we are. Our team embraces and takes pride in the power of The Predictive Index and its impact on workplace relationships and culture. We are our best case study.
If you are looking to join a company that is innovative, expects you to think outside of the box and empowers its employees to act, this could be the opportunity for you. At the Predictive Index, we embrace an employee-centric culture that has fun, works hard and accomplishes a lot. Our employees, their careers and their life outside of work, are our priorities.
The Contracts Specialist / Legal Assistant will assist the Director of Legal Affairs with preparation and administration of a wide variety of software license agreements, distribution agreements, various contracts and other legal documents for use with internal and external business customers. The Contracts Specialist / Legal Assistant will also provide frontline support for inbound requests to the legal department.
• Serve as front-line interface to international distribution network and resolve incoming requests in connection with client agreements, software licensing agreements, and requests for revisions thereto
• Escalate complex requests to Director of Legal Affairs as needed
• Assist with drafting and implementation of various distribution agreements
• Track legal department workflow to prioritize tasks and ensure timely completion, including the creation of databases
• Monitor incoming client agreements, track status from inception to completion and provide updates as needed
• Prepare legal correspondence and basic agreements for review
• Respond in timely manner to contract inquiries and disseminate information to appropriate departments
• Provide administrative assistance with contracts including the formatting and finalizing of agreements
• Conduct compliance on vendor agreements
• Work closely with Director of Legal Affairs to identify and resolve matters of non-compliance
• Provide administrative assistance as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree required, JD not required, but a plus
• 2-3 years of experience working in fast-paced business environment with proven ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and change is essential
• Experience working for a software organization or for a law firm
• Substantial experience in negotiating and documenting commercial agreements
• General familiarity with software license agreements, contract law, and the process for efficient negotiation and execution of contracts
• Highly developed interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
• Enthusiasm and commitment to a team-based working environment requiring collaboration and coordination throughout the organization
• Strong work ethic, organizational skills and attention to detail
• Exceptional judgment
• Highly developed professional ethics
• Commitment to operational excellence
• Ability to give, receive and learn from feedback
Back to top