Business Development Representative
The Predictive Index (PI) is a technology company that gives business leaders access to the people science, data, and strategy they need to make objective hiring decisions, design great teams and culture, and reach their strategic business goals. PI has more than 7,000 customers, including Nissan, Citizens Bank, DocuSign, Subway, 47 Brand, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Omni Hotels-across 142+ countries, and has undergone more than 500 validity studies.
Teamwork, purpose, and drive are at the core of who we are. Our team takes great pride in the power that PI has to positively impact workplace relationships and culture - we are our own best case study.
We are seeking an energetic, driven, and ambitious Business Development Representative who will create opportunities through high volume, strategic outreach to inbound leads. This is not a typical BDR position. You will become an expert talent optimization consultant helping businesses develop their strategy and find solutions to reach their goals.
At The Predictive Index, we embrace a fun, hard-working, and action-oriented workplace culture while keeping our employees' careers and lives outside of work top-of-mind. If you function best in a client-focused, fast-paced environment where you're expected to think outside of the box and take action, you may be a good fit.
Your typical day will consist of:
- Qualifying and converting inbound leads and prospective customers through phone calls, email, video, and social selling
- Serving as a talent optimization consultant understanding prospective customers' business goals and challenges and helping prospective customers understand how we can help them achieve business results and understanding their business goals and challenges
- Consistently achieving and exceeding daily/weekly/monthly activity targets and quota
- Quickly learning and articulating the value proposition of the PI platform and methodology
- Effectively and accurately tracking, logging, and maintaining all activity in Salesforce.com
- 1-3 years of related experience, BA/BS degree required
- Strong business acumen
- Interest in building a career in sales or customer-facing role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. You must be a great listener, as well as confident and comfortable speaking, establishing rapport, and driving action with key decision makers
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Persistence and resilience - you handle objections and rejections well
- Competitive and collaborative team player
- Prospecting, sales, and Salesforce.com experience is a plus but not required
- Relationship driven: you will be creating strategic relationships with prospects and team members
- Energetic: we have a vibrant team - energy and passion are required
- Hard working: we are growing and you MUST be willing to roll up your sleeves
- Fun: because we work hard, we like to play hard - we hope you do too!
Back to top