Associate UX Designer
The Associate UX Designer will report directly to the Vice President of Product and contribute towards the development and improvement of our software. This person will be someone who is passionate about the user experience, and has proven success with UX research and implementation to benefit the end user.
The Predictive Index (PI) is an award-winning workforce assessment platform. 60 years of proven science, assessment software, and our curriculum of management workshops make PI the perfect option for any company looking to assess, predict, and better manage their people anywhere in the world. Over 8,000 businesses use PI to define behavioral and cognitive job requirements, hire the best-fitting candidates, and keep them engaged. AT&T, DocuSign, the LA Clippers, Hugo Boss, and Subway are just a few of our notable clients.
Teamwork, purpose, and drive are at the core of who we are. Our team takes great pride in the power that PI has to positively impact and supercharge workplace relationships and culture – we are our own best case study.
At The Predictive Index, we embrace a fun, hard-working, and action-oriented workplace culture while keeping our employees’ careers and lives outside of work top-of-mind. If you function best in a client-focused, fast-paced environment where you’re expected to think outside of the box and take action, you may be a good fit.
- Collaborate with other designers, between developers and product management team members, to determine opportunities to improve the product
- Design wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups, and build light weight prototypes to support communicating the vision of a design solution to internal stakeholders and end users
- Advocate for the user’s total experience of our product across all touch points from the corporate website to the end users’ impression of the product
- Keep up-to-date about new and successful user experience techniques, and share your knowledge on the latest UX trends and interaction patterns to make design thinking foundational in the product organization
- Apply user research methods for determining the problems needed to solve and approach the design solution, aiding the design and execution of usability tests
- Completed studies in the field of Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Design, Interaction Design, Media Design, User Experience or similar programs or have spent a few years designing successful digital user-experiences
- 2-3 years of work experience in a relevant field in a software company
- Understanding of how to apply various user research methods to help define user needs and goals
- Graphics design and prototyping skills that help communicate your vision of a design solution are preferred, but not required
- People most qualified for this role will be:
- Curious to keep up with the latest UX trends and interaction patterns
- Driven to improve interactions in everything you touch
- Relationship driven – help to identify strategic relationships with potential customers.
- Cross-functional –at PI, we work as a team!
- Smart – learn our systems and our industry quickly.
- Energetic – we have a vibrant team, energy is required.
- Hard working – we are growing– you MUST be willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Fun – because we work hard, we like to play hard – we hope you do too!
OTHER JOB DETAILS:
This position is based in our newly renovated office in Westwood, MA. We know you will love it! If you possess all-of-the-above, have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with 2+ years of experience doing the awesome stuff we just mentioned, PI could be a great career move for you.
Meet Some of The Predictive Index's Employees
The external face of the company, Mike helps people understand the importance of understanding people. Internally, he is constantly focused on bringing forth better products.
Back to top