Head of Data & Analytics
The Points Guy is the leading site devoted to helping its 4.0+ monthly million readers around the world maximize their travel and stay up to date on travel news. Founded in 2010 and owned by publicly traded Bankrate (NYSE: RATE), TPG is growing by leaps and bounds and is seeking new team members to join its existing staff of accomplished writers, editors, videographers, experiential marketers, social experts, analysts, and strategists.
Why work at TPG?
- If you're looking to get in on the ground floor and gain leadership experience while making a meaningful impact at a growing company
- If you, like us, value the entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative innovation, and a healthy work-life balance
- If you're excited to have flexible PTO, free lunches, office dogs galore, and tons of unreal travel perks
- If you want to feel proud to work for a company that truly cares about corporate responsibility/social good and gives back to the international community through charitable action
As the Head of Data & Analytics for The Points Guy, you'll be in charge of both business and web/social analytics and produce regular reporting to help the executive team understand the health of the business. More importantly, you'll sift through the data to extract actionable insights to help move the business forward. Finally, you'll take ownership of testing everything from tweaks to new features on the site to better serve our readers.
About the Role
- Own and maintain KPI reporting -- and the analysis that results
- Champion a testing culture that rapidly tests, measures, and iterates
- Own and be the resident expert in our testing and site analytics tools
- Run A/B and multivariate testing initiatives for the site
- Make strategy recommendations (e.g., site redesign, budget allocation, acquisition strategy)
- 3-4+ combined years of experience in analytics and digital growth strategy
- Proficient in Excel, and other data-heavy software, programs, file formats, and languages, with a well-honed ability to quickly garner insights from data and develop an actionable story from it
- Familiarity with site analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics/Omniture, Google Analytics) as well as A/B testing tools (e.g. Optimizely)
- Experience with Tableau a major plus
- Deep knowledge of how to design tests that generate measurable, statistically-significant results
- Highly motivated self-starter. Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for travel and the TPG brand
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and always bring ideas to the table
- Publishing background preferred
Meet Some of The Points Guy's Employees
Founder & CEO
Brian manages The Points Guy’s entire team, overseeing daily operations and seeking ways to grow the company’s reach in providing up-to-date information and insightful advice to readers worldwide.
Back to top