Talent and Engagement Partner: Minneapolis
The Talent and Engagement Partner is a resource for employees and leaders across The Nerdery. This person partners with leaders throughout the organization to provide expertise, thought leadership, coaching, and best practices in employee lifecycle and engagement strategies. The Talent & Engagement Partner will provide expertise, guidance and support in the following areas: engagement, employee relations, performance management, coaching, career & succession planning, retention, recognition programs, team building, learning & development programs, and change management. The Talent and Engagement Partner will incorporate a focus on diversity and inclusion to The Nerdery’s talent strategies and will lead, facilitate and support related initiatives. This position reports the the Director of Talent Acquisition, Culture and Engagement.
- Maintain company and employee confidentiality at all times
- Remain professionally curious ensuring they are familiar with the latest workplace engagement and professional development strategies
- Provide expertise, coaching and support to leaders at The Nerdery as it relates to all aspects of talent management and leading teams
- Navigate and recommend solutions for employee relations matters
- Point of contact for individual employees needing support or resolution beyond their direct manager on HR related matters
- Partner in the design and roll-out of NX initiatives driving organizational goals, such as performance management, engagement, training, and leadership development
- Manage a professional development budget
- Develop and refine processes to ensure compliance with state and federal laws
- Manage annual engagement survey, employee life-cycle & pulse surveys
- Analyze and interpret employee engagement data, distribute, and provide recommendations
- Provide assistance with succession planning and ongoing team development
- Evaluate, develop, and/or facilitate professional development training aligned with The Nerdery’s needs and business objectives
- Facilitate and evolve new employee on-boarding
- Facilitate team building and development workshops for teams and departments
- Partner with department leaders to assist in any organizational change or restructure and provide guidance on change management techniques
- Facilitate and provide direction for The Nerdery to build a more diverse and inclusive workplace
- Partner with department and company leaders to incorporate diversity and inclusion into decision making
- Provide ongoing coaching to staff at all levels to provide education and awareness around diversity & inclusion
- Provide support for remote offices.
- Represent The Nerdery at industry events, networking groups, and other external venues.
- Strong leadership skills and capabilities
- Desire and passion for professional growth
- Experience working with a high growth service company
- Experience working with a technology centric company
- Possess an in depth understanding of HR functions and applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to apply knowledge of business/industry and human resource practices for the betterment of the organization
- Experience in training and development
- Experience training new managers and developing leaders
- Experience with employee relations
- Experience with employee engagement
- Ability to express opinions and objectives to co-workers in various positions of authority, with strong presence and confidence
- Ability to make decisions that are in the best interest of the company and its employees
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Adept at influencing through strong relationships, expertise and data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of change management strategies
- Passion for diversity and inclusion
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize and adapt to change
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources
- 4+ years experience with responsibilities commensurate with those described above
See Inside the Office of The Nerdery
Founded in 2003, The Nerdery is a developer driven interactive production shop, partnering with advertisers, marketers, and other creatives to build award-winning interactive projects. The Nerdery was founded by three developers and has exploded into a fast growing company, working collaborative to deliver top results—and be the best place in the world for nerds to work.
Back to top