Senior Digital Marketing Strategist
The Sr. Digital Marketing Strategist will be responsible for building and managing the Social Media, SEO, Marketing Automation and Customer Database programs that support The Nerdery’s strategic marketing and growth objectives. They will collaborate with the demand generation leader to execute on campaigns and activities through social, direct marketing and SEO to drive new client growth. In this role, they will leverage deep, professional communications skills to obtain positive influence with our target clients and audience. This position will serve as a strategic component across our integrated marketing approach.
- Collaboration with Brand Strategy and Communications Director to produce creative that delivers results through social, SEO and direct marketing.
- Drive organic search strategy and execution aligned to our paid search strategy.
- Own and execute upon our social media strategy, including day-to-day community management across all social platforms. Including daily activity moderation, social listening, appropriate escalation and responding on social properties (including on weekends when necessary.)
- Work closely with Public Relations and Editorial Director to build social content designed to create valuable and engaging interactions.
- Management of our marketing database and marketing automation platform including CAN-SPAM and GDPR compliance.
- Marketing analytics, within areas of responsibility, and taking action on insights.
- Increase awareness, visibility and understanding of The Nerdery, our strategy and offerings, and our market momentum and customer success.
- Understand and articulate The Nerdery’s strategy and capabilities at a high level.
- Stay up-to-date on trends, platform changes, best practices as well as the competitive landscape and communicate or educate as needed to balance of the organization.
- 6+ years of digital marketing experience, preferred within a services organization.
- Proven results with planning, execution and optimization of SEO, social and direct marketing programs and initiatives.
- 3+ years of marketing automation and client database management experience, Pardot preferred.
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM integration, SalesForce experience preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a Social Media Manager or Strategist.
- 3+ years experience pulling actionable insights from marketing analytics.
- Client-facing written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- BA Communications, Marketing or related field
See Inside the Office of The Nerdery
Founded in 2003, The Nerdery is a developer driven interactive production shop, partnering with advertisers, marketers, and other creatives to build award-winning interactive projects. The Nerdery was founded by three developers and has exploded into a fast growing company, working collaborative to deliver top results—and be the best place in the world for nerds to work.
Back to top