Senior Digital Marketing Strategist
Sr. Digital Marketing Specialist
The Sr. Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for building and managing The Nerdery’s customer database, managed channels and acquisition campaigns that support The Nerdery’s strategic marketing and growth objectives. They will report to the Director of Marketing and Demand Generation and execute on content development, content marketing and paid advertising activities including SEO/SEM, social media, video, and direct marketing to drive net new client growth. In this role, they will leverage deep skills in segmentation, communication and analytics to obtain positive influence with our target clients and audience maximizing organic to increase effectiveness of paid programs and increase engagement and conversion rates on nerdery.com, managed channels and third party channels. This position will serve as a strategic component across our integrated marketing approach.
- Analytics Strategy
- Implement strategy to track performance goals and surface insights by channel, campaign, content, creative, etc. working collaboratively with sales and marketing stakeholders.
- Skills: Web analytics/attribution (Google Analytics or other), Tag management software (Google Tag Manager, Tealium, etc.), Visualization and interpretation (Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc.)
- Marketing Database and Technology
- Management and optimization of marketing technology stack and consumer database including but not limited to marketing database and marketing automation platform including segmentation, CAN-SPAM and GDPR compliance, data capture and appending
- Skills: CRM, CMS, CDN, Marketing Automation, Data Appending Services, Integration of sales and marketing technologies (scheduling, dialers)
- Digital Experience
- Nerdery.com - Managed channel oversight including front-end components and processes designed to deliver contextually relevant content to increase conversion goals, i.e. engagement, inbound calls/emails and form submissions/meetings.
- Skills: Webmaster, Website/conversion rate optimization (CRO), A/B testing platforms and programs, user experience audits
- Development and ongoing management of organic and paid acquisition channels and mediums including search, social, display, reviews, direct marketing and related cadences, nurture tracks and workflows in collaboration with Communication and Sales teams
- Skills: SEO (onsite, insite and offsite), Google Ads, Facebook, Linkedin, Yotpo, content direction and audits, campaign landing page strategy and personalization
- Drive awareness, visibility and understanding of The Nerdery, our strategy and offerings, and your activities to generate market momentum and customer success (internally and externally) and communicate or educate as needed to balance of the organization.
- Skills: Up-to-date on trends, platform changes, best practices and competitive landscape. Documentation and communication to drive awareness and adoption
- 6+ years of digital marketing experience, preferred within a services organization.
- Proven results with planning, execution and optimization of SEO, social and direct marketing programs and initiatives.
- 3+ years of marketing automation and client database management experience, Pardot preferred.
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM integration, SalesForce experience preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a Social Media Manager or Strategist.
- 3+ years experience pulling actionable insights from marketing analytics.
- Client-facing written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- BA Communications, Marketing or related field
Back to top