Senior Data Scientist: Kansas City
The Nerdery is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to work on a wide variety of engagements as part of our team.
About the Data Services Team
At the Nerdery, our Data Services team believes strongly in quality workmanship, meaningful collaboration, and the power of understanding your data. We pride ourselves on being able to partner with our clients to derive meaningful business insights and positively impact strategic growth.
From startups to corporations, our team makes an impact on millions of users every day.
About the Position
As a Senior Data Scientist at The Nerdery, you'll have the opportunity to work on engagements with a wide range of clients. We have opportunities to create impact on real business problems with a wide variety of data in Healthcare, Retail, Financial industries and more. The position provides opportunities to expand your horizons to reach your personal development goals.
Most of our engineers contribute to a multitude of engagements each year. You’ll never feel like you’re stuck working on a single project for the rest of your career.
You are passionate, flexible, and ready to collaborate with strategists, designers, and engineers to craft brilliant solutions from even bigger ideas. You’re a technology leader who believes in choosing the right tool for the job, values including all users, and understands the power of testing.Job Responsibilities
- Communicate Business Insights derived from data to business leaders and product implementers
- Work with clients to understand business needs and create scalable technical solutions.
- Document key aspects of a project for the client and other team members.
- Contribute to our collective brain power through innovation and peer review
- Find meaningful patterns in data utilizing Python, R, or SAS.
- Work with Data Engineers and Software Engineers to implement production versions of models.
- Create prototypes in Python, R, SAS or other languages to create models from real world data and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Provide technical feedback and leadership to other team members
- Masters Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent field.
- Deep Experience with Python, R, or SAS
- Experience with SQL
- Deep Knowledge of Applied Statistics, Calculus, Linear Algebra
- Knowledge of predictive modeling
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms, Data Mining techniques, Data Munging
- Experience with Git source control
- Experience with Data Visualization tools
- Experience with Tableau or Power BI
- Experience with Apache Spark and any of its submodules
- Experience with Natural Language Processing, Software Engineering
- Experience with Apache Hive or Pig
- Experience with columnar, document, or key-value data stores such as Accumulo, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
After you submit your application, you’ll talk with a Nerdery Talent Advocate. The Talent Advocate will answer any questions you have about the job and validate that you’re the person we’re looking for. If qualified, a second interview will be scheduled where we will review your technical background. We will then provide you with either in-depth feedback or discuss the opportunity you might have to join our team.We hope to hear from you soon!
See Inside the Office of The Nerdery
Founded in 2003, The Nerdery is a developer driven interactive production shop, partnering with advertisers, marketers, and other creatives to build award-winning interactive projects. The Nerdery was founded by three developers and has exploded into a fast growing company, working collaborative to deliver top results—and be the best place in the world for nerds to work.
Back to top