Senior Business Analyst: St. Louis
As a member of the production team, the Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring that the requirements are met within both the design and the development phases of the product development lifecycle. The position involves close interaction with product management, designers, developers, and quality assurance. The Business Analyst is expected to possess a deep, hands-on understanding of the functionality of a system and the needs of its users.Responsibilities
Business Analysis (90%)
- Plan and facilitate stakeholder workshops and interviews
- Planning the business analysis approach, stakeholder engagement, governance, information management, and identifying performance improvements.
- Elicit requirements and critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user and client requests from the underlying true needs.
- Requirements Lifecycle Management including tracing, maintaining, prioritizing, and assessing requirements; approving requirements with stakeholders.
- Strategy Analysis including analyzing current state, defining future state, assessing risk, and defining a change strategy.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition including specify and model requirements, verify, validate, define requirements architecture; define solution options, and analyze potential value and recommended solutions. Use requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and manage the scope of a project’s elicited requirements, acceptance, installation and deployment.
- Challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans when appropriate.
- Identify and present opportunities to improve a client’s business or development processes
- Work closely with stakeholders to lead them through the business analysis process, help them adopt new processes and procedures and to educate them on business process best practices.
- Collaborate with UX designers to interpret customer needs and translate them into application and/or operational requirements.
- Collaborate with software engineers to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between client desires and business constraints.
- Foster long term relationships to build further revenue opportunities.
- Identify inefficiencies in client’s existing systems and business processes and work to solve them.
- Perform gap analysis of the client’s existing business processes identifying challenges and opportunities.
- Provide guidance to project management around business analysis to ensure successful delivery.
Sales Support - (10%)
- Accompany Account Executives and Program Managers on calls and meetings to clarify vision of customer/prospect and act as a technical resource in the area of business analysis for members of the sales team.
- Identify and document the business needs and ensure that the proposed solution adds value to the client.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- A professional with 5+ years of experience in your primary discipline and demonstrated excellence in your current/previous field.
- Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
- Experienced in Agile processes. Ideally scrum master (or open to training and certification in SM role)
- Strong client facing experience as you will be primary client support and working closely with client and brand stakeholders.
- Familiarity/comfort in navigating ticket/issue management systems (JIRA/Confluence)
- Be a clever problem solver with the ability to think on your feet when needed.
- Knows and understands Project Methodology processes and deliverables, including the development life cycle and change control processes.
- Work collaboratively with team members and with clients.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed work environment.
- Able to quickly understand high-level customer needs and identify pre-requisite and adjacent tasks, features, and requirements.
- Able to tailor communications to fit the audience and situation and ensure that the correct understanding is conveyed.
- A thorough understanding of the difference between and how to use business requirements, stakeholder requirements, solution requirements (functional and nonfunctional), and transition requirements
- Familiarity with the Business Analysis Book of Knowledge including the 6 knowledge areas and their related tasks, inputs, outputs, and elements:
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring.
- Requirements Elicitation.
- Requirements Management and Communication.
- Enterprise Analysis.
- Requirements Analysis.
- Solution Assessment and Validation.
- Underlying Competencies.
- Bonus: Thorough understanding of business processes including Asset Management, Customer Service, Material Planning, Human Capital Management, Procurement, Production, Fulfillment, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, and Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Bonus: Strong analytical experience, either qualitative or quantitative (or both).
- Bonus: Experience working with Fortune 100/500/1000 companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, or equivalent work experience.
- Bonus: Postgraduate education and/or certifications
- Bonus: PMI-PBA, ECBA, CCBA, or CBAP Certification
See Inside the Office of The Nerdery
Founded in 2003, The Nerdery is a developer driven interactive production shop, partnering with advertisers, marketers, and other creatives to build award-winning interactive projects. The Nerdery was founded by three developers and has exploded into a fast growing company, working collaborative to deliver top results—and be the best place in the world for nerds to work.
Back to top