Project Manager (Agile | Scrum Master): St Louis
The Nerdery is seeking a Project Manager highly experienced in agile methodologies. The Project Manager is responsible and accountable for two primary goals:
- Acting as a scrum master to support the successful delivery of a long-term product build. The Project Manager will be tasked with managing the project budget, scope and timeline through planned releases and scheduled sprints.
- Retaining and growing clients through exceptional client service.
They are highly motivated, always learning and willing to partner with their project teams, sales executives, and clients to solve complex business problems. They have a positive attitude that sets the tone for their team. Most importantly, they embrace The Nerdery’s unique culture by sharing their knowledge and experience with our team through collaboration, group work and peer review.
- Act as a scrum master to ensure successful delivery of incremental releases of a large project build.
- Facilitates all scrum ceremonies, including sprint planning, sprint reviews, standups, backlog refinement, etc.
- Experience in working with multiple scrum masters, product owners and product managers to align overall sprint planning, sprint reviews, and sprint approvals.
- Experience with working in an enterprise client environment.
- Partner with clients and the Account Management team to ensure full understanding of their unique business needs and how we will deliver a profitable, high quality project.
- Ensure proactive communication and expectation setting with clients and Nerds to deliver the highest quality of customer service throughout the engagement.
- Create comprehensive project plans and deliver a comprehensive documentation to the client. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Exercise proactive, strategic thinking to identify, clearly communicate and implement effective risk mitigation plans during the project lifecycle.
- Work cross-departmentally with Sales, User Experience, Development, Quality Assurance and Accounting groups across multiple projects and utilize internal performance tracking tools to track and assess team performance, team morale and overall project health.
- Utilize their knowledge and point of view to bring additional value and services to their clients and identify opportunities for growth within their portfolios.
- Scrum Master certification (CSM) required
- 3+ years experience leading agile development projects with multiple disciplines from kick-off to launch
- Thorough understanding of agile and general understanding of waterfall project management principles
- Experience with task tracking systems (e.g. JIRA, Rally, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative, creative and detail oriented approach to problem solving in complex situations
- Demonstrate leadership, ownership and responsibility for their project load with urgency
- Bonus: Experience with industry standard project management software
- Bonus: Product Owner Certification (CSPO) or experience acting as a Product Owner
Back to top