Nerdery Creative Director
The Nerdery Creative Director will assist with development of a differentiated and ambitious positioning allowing us to disrupt the digital consulting and technology services space. We can no longer rely on status quo and look to evolve our brand strategies and approaches aligned with our company’s pursuits. As a brand leader, you will continue to evolve our brand internally to ensure the broader Nerdery organization understands the brand experience we strive to attain. It will be your responsibility to ensure brand consistency and to elevate the quality of all brand work.
As the brand steward, you will be involved in all aspects of the brand visual identity, including customer experience/engagement, marketing delivery, and refining The Nerdery brand. You will be responsible for leading the development of brand deliverables in an advisory/subject matter expert role.
The Nerdery Creative Director is responsible for the development and management of Nerdery materials ensuring all visual design is on brand and communicates the desired message. This role will work consultatively with the individual business units within The Nerdery to enhance and support their creative initiatives, while managing the visual identity of The Nerdery on the corporate website and in other corporate collateral.
The ideal candidate will take a human-centered approach to creative strategy and design with focus on The Nerdery’s target audience. They will demonstrate an ability to form an intimate understanding of how and when individuals interact with the brand at each touchpoint of their experience before, during and after working with us. This role will develop an intimate understanding of our target audiences, service offerings, competitive set and market trends for our market. In addition, they will assist with other strategic initiatives designed to achieve business goals and enhance brand positioning.
The Nerdery Creative Director will oversee all creative staff, including freelance and contract resources, ensuring the branded materials communicate the desired message. Outputs include: print advertising, digital advertising, email blasts, SEO, trade show signage, social media, print collateral, video, website, presentation decks, ,etc.
As a member of the marketing leadership team, the Nerdery Creative Director is responsible for ensuring our brand represents a software services company enterprise companies feel confident doing business with. They will also be responsible for helping The Nerdery achieve its vision to become the best place in the world for Nerds to work.
- Helps creates a culture of high performing people and engaged team members
- Oversee quality and timeliness of all creative projects
- Oversees creative staffing for Nerdery marketing projects and campaigns
- Acts as a liaison to the Production and Sales departments
- Brand Management
- Leads brand strategy and visual identity for The Nerdery
- Takes a proactive approach to helping define the future of our brand and positioning in the market
- Develops and delivers creative solutions/assets that strengthen The Nerdery brand by accurately representing our services and the value we provide to our clients. Including but not limited to sales & marketing collateral and the company Website
- Generates excitement around our Brand and positioning both internally and externally
- Creates and maintains the brand story and brand guidelines – brand governance
- Delivers naming, and other brand substantiations (e.g. style guides, visual assets, logos, names) when required
- Demonstrates knowledge in business strategy to ensure brand recommendations align with company objectives
- Works with Integrated Marketing Managers to leverage research that strengthens brand insights and applies to key programs and thought leadership activities
- Crafts program strategies aligned with our pursuits and identifies the appropriate brand activities and deliverables to propose to target clients/prospects
- As a master of your craft, helps enforce brand education at The Nerdery so employees better understand how brand should be incorporated into our communication and engagements
- Produces communication material around The Nerdery brand for internal and client education
- Co-President Duties
- Leads by example and consistently lives the values of the organization
- Is viewed as a Leader in the organization – someone people want to work with
- Maintains a strong work ethic and high expectations for self while maintaining a healthy perspective on work-life balance
- Proven Creative Leadership and Brand Management experience
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Ability to take projects from concept to completion and consistently meet deadlines
- Exhibits strong customer service focus - always concerned about the client’s well-being and their perception of The Nerdery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Discretion dealing with confidential information
- Ability to readily adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- An eye for visual design
- Ability to execute in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment
- Minimum of 8 years design experience with digital and UX expertise.
- At least 5 years of experience managing brand assets
- Minimum of 5 years of people-management experience
- Experience in a fast growth, entrepreneurial environment preferred
- Experience in a software development or services-based business preferred
Back to top