Marketing Full Stack Engineer: Minneapolis & Chicago
As a member of The Nerdery’s marketing team, you’ll work on a wide variety of digital projects but focus mainly on Nerdery.com maintenance and improvements. As a digital development and design company, The Nerdery will provide you with technical support, mentorship and an opportunity to grow in your craft in a constantly-changing and growing industry.
- Responsible for working with Digital Marketing Team to improve upon current site, establish new layouts and templates and continue to push boundaries in web development.
- Responsible for taking wireframes, mockups and creative ideas through production to completion alongside Digital Marketing Manager.
- Comfortable blurring the line between traditional back- and front-end development, often integrating PHP with client-side frameworks.
- Able to offer technical expertise on digital projects from ideation to completion.
- Comfortable working in a team environment, taking people’s suggestions and deciding which fit within project confines, deadlines and Nerdery brand.
- Co-President Duties
- Leads by example and consistently lives the values of the organization
- Is viewed as a Leader in the organization
- Maintains a strong work ethic and high expectations for self while maintaining a healthy perspective on work-life balance
- Experience working within a CMS (Craft is preferred.)
- Must have familiarity with PHP frameworks and front-end frameworks, and version control such as GIT.
- Needs knowledge and experience with responsive design and have an eye for detail. Must have ability to move quickly and independently.
- Time-management skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team setting. Must be self-motivated, a good communicator, comfortable following directions, ability to balance great design with short deadlines.
- Understanding of content hierarchy and SEO.
- Experience with, and strong interest in maintaining web accessibility, WCAG 2.0 AA Standards
- Working knowledge of marketing automation platforms (Pardot preferred.)
- Experience working on a B2B marketing website.
- Experience with agile development
- Experience working in Jira and/or Basecamp project management tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline
- Experience in a fast growth, entrepreneurial environment preferred
- Experience in a software development or services-based business preferred
See Inside the Office of The Nerdery
Founded in 2003, The Nerdery is a developer driven interactive production shop, partnering with advertisers, marketers, and other creatives to build award-winning interactive projects. The Nerdery was founded by three developers and has exploded into a fast growing company, working collaborative to deliver top results—and be the best place in the world for nerds to work.
Back to top