Business Development Manager
The Nerdery looks at digital business consulting first and foremost in terms of how it can accelerate the pace of our clients' technical and digital transformation efforts, large and small. We view ourselves as a catalyst for their change — whether that's challenging current business models, shifting customer experiences to new channels and interactions, evolving or revolutionizing current technology stacks or putting it all together to ultimately drive business outcomes. At our core, we're true problem-solvers and doers, and we show up a little bit differently than the typical digital business consultancy.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) position is a critically important role here at The Nerdery. The core responsibility of the BDM will be driving new client growth for the organization and will own identifying, qualifying and developing strategic client relationships with a focus on selling digital consulting projects.
The BDM will oversee business development initiatives from the opportunity lead qualification phase all the way through the contract phase with a focus on net-new client creation. The BDM will work closely with the Strategy Practice to develop strategy, proposals and to maintain communications with prospective clients. The BDM will also be coordinating cross-functional teams in response to new client work. This team can/will be comprised of Client Partners, Project Managers, Technical Resources, Strategists, UX Design Engineers, and potential Nerdery Executive Team members. The BDM shall be responsible for building the appropriate response team in accordance with the client project need(s).
Minimum Requirements to be successful in this role:
- Documented success selling project or consultative based work revolving around a combination of custom digital solutions with projects revolving around Strategy, data, Analytics, BI, IoT, mobile, systems integration, UI, UX and/or custom application development.
- 5+ years of sales / Business Development experience in the consulting / professional services space with a history of maintaining a quota of at least $2M selling into enterprise level clients.
- Documented success driving net-new client creation.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, relevant experience
- Cultivate both professional and informal networks that lead to potential opportunities
- Research, nurture, and qualify prospective clients within the enterprise space
- Manage net-new opportunity pipeline
- Lead and/or direct cross functional teams through the business development lifecycle
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the client's strategic agenda and the issues facing them
- Lead pitches, prepare and deliver sales proposals to prospective clients
- Work collaboratively with our sales and technical teams to manage the contract negotiation process and ensuring that required documentation is in place with new clients
- Obtain annual revenue target of $2-5 million
- Produce business development and pipeline reports and use this information to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of business development close rates and strategies
- Prepare and analyze revenue forecasting and sales activity reports
- Understand competitors’ offerings and what it will take to win engagements
Back to top