Account Executive: Minneapolis
The Nerdery is seeking a highly motivated Account Executive experienced in the sale of custom software design and development to aggressively drive new account growth in our Minneapolis office. We look for the Account Executive to be a digital orchestrator, working closely with our team of passionate and innovative Nerds to ensure that the best technology solutions are delivered to meet our client’s needs.
- Identify and track prospective clients and develop an understanding of key issues in their environment that we can help resolve through custom software solutions.
- Gather market and customer information.
- Work to develop additional business opportunities through existing relationships through ongoing contact and marketing of value-added service programs.
- Gain a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements.
Work with solution engineer and development departments to make accurate, rapid cost calculations, providing clients with timely and competitive quotes.
- Negotiate variations in price, delivery and specifications with managers.
- Negotiate the terms of agreement and close sales.
- Advise clients on forthcoming tech developments and special promotions.
- Communicate with clients to provide updates on existing projects.
- Record sales and order information and maintain accurate records.
- Review sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Minimum of five years business-to-business outside sales experience with focus on new account generation, preferably selling custom software design and development.
- Sales experience using consultative selling approach
- Strong presentation and communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft office and contact-management software, etc.
- The Account Executive will be required to travel in order to visit existing and prospective customers, therefore must have a valid driver's license.
- The ideal candidate will have conversational knowledge of interactive technology and both the ability and the genuine interest to constantly learn about this rapidly evolving field
- Knowledge of custom software sales is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have conversational knowledge of interactive technology and both the ability and the genuine interest to constantly learn about this rapidly evolving field.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
See Inside the Office of The Nerdery
Founded in 2003, The Nerdery is a developer driven interactive production shop, partnering with advertisers, marketers, and other creatives to build award-winning interactive projects. The Nerdery was founded by three developers and has exploded into a fast growing company, working collaborative to deliver top results—and be the best place in the world for nerds to work.
Back to top