Sr. Data Engineer
The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 75 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
The Muse is looking for an innovative and passionate Senior Data Engineer to join our Data & Personalization Team. You’ll build the infrastructure to power our machine learning systems working with our team of engineers, product managers and designers to help us create a more personalized experience for the millions of users who come to The Muse for company research and career advice. You’ll also work with our business intelligence team to improve the data platform, ensuring that the entire company is able to make better data-driven decisions.
Some of the tools we’re using today include Python, sklearn, pyspark, TensorFlow, Go, Luigi, Spark, Redshift, Kinesis Firehose, and other Amazon Web Services. We’re still early in our path towards building more data-driven applications and are looking for someone excited about the challenges this entails. We’re looking for someone who can use our existing tools as well as recommend new ones to help us solve real-life business problems with data.
How you will make an impact
- You’ll build and optimize production-grade data and machine learning pipelines
- You’ll optimize ML workflow tooling to decrease the time needed to train and deploy effective models
- You’ll use continuous integration to ensure that every step of an ML pipeline is testable and automated
- You’ll collaborate closely with machine learning engineers, full-stack engineers, product managers, designers to help millions of users find the right company, job, or career advice they need to improve the 8+ hours a day they spend at work
- You'll be a voice in our technical and product roadmap
Why we’ll love you
- You are a driven data engineer with experience working with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- You’ve previously created and maintained production pipelines
- You have deep knowledge of AWS infrastructure and are comfortable working with tools such as Docker, ECS, S3, Redshift, Kinesis, and EMR.
- You love building data-driven products
- You have strong SQL experience (Postgres / AWS Redshift)
- You have experience working in multiple languages and expertise in Python specifically
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills
- You are committed to quality! And you’re someone who’s willing to tackle technical debt and constantly evolving our processes to keep us on our toes
- Like us, you’re all about cross-team mentorship and professional growth
Why you’ll love The Muse
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women who believe transparency is important.
- Our founders really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions, etc.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally.
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Back to top