Senior Front-End Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
The Muse is a values-based job search platform used by over 70 million people annually to connect with companies and find a career that matches their values. Founded in 2011, we were named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. We have a highly diverse userbase of Millennial & Gen Z jobseekers who we help connect with companies as wide-ranging as Apple, Nike and the FBI, on the strength of those companies’ values, cultures, and employee experiences. Our users come to TheMuse.com for original career advice from prominent experts, access to the best coaches, and a behind-the-scenes look at job opportunities. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
Our Engineering team is growing, and we’re looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer to join us. You’ll be working within our Growth Squad, who are developing ways to help those who visit our career advice and help them find the right next career move. You will work with-in our suite of products to experiment on the best approach supporting our users on their journey. You will be both designing and implementing A/B tests and experiments as well as extending existing web-based products. Our collection of tools include the Google Analytics suite, React, Next.js, Typescript, Webpack, SCSS, Storybook, and Docker. We also interface with FastAPI, Django, Python, AWS, and PostgreSQL. Some familiarity with back-end technologies is expected at this level, but as a front-end position, we require an expert understanding of front-end technologies, concerns, and practice.
We are open to US based remote teammates who are able to partner with the squad during our core working hours of 10-5pm ET (GMT-5).
How you'll make an impact
- You’ll be the lead engineer on our Growth squad.
- You will partner with the Product Manager in identifying and implementing growth experiments and A/B tests.
- You'll play a key role in driving our technical and product roadmap.
- You will champion site performance both in actual and perceived speed because SEO is top of mind. You understand bounce versus abandon and how page-speed affects one of those.
Why we'll love you
- You’re stellar with React, and you regularly use hooks, portals, and context.
- You are as comfortable building an experiment just in time to be torn down as you are in building a new feature to a product with clean code.
- You use data to drive your decision making, and as such are comfortable looking at data and usage analytics to plan your work and recommend new features and experiments.
- You have confidence in your work and are secure in shipping to production frequently. Continuous integration, automated deployments, and Datadog alerts are all part of your day-to-day.
- On top of being a great front-end engineer yourself, you are passionate about mentoring others.
Why you'll love us
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women who believe transparency is important.
- Our founders really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions, etc
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work every day knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a resume, so we can get to know you a little better. Feel free to share a cover letter or link to personal site as well, we look at everything you share with us.
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
Back to top