The Muse is a values-based job search platform used by over 70 million people annually to connect with companies and find a career that matches their values. Founded in 2011, we were named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. We have a highly diverse userbase of Millennial & Gen Z jobseekers who we help connect with companies as wide-ranging as Apple, Nike and the FBI, on the strength of those companies’ values, cultures, and employee experiences. Our users come to TheMuse.com for original career advice from prominent experts, access to the best coaches, and a behind-the-scenes look at job opportunities. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
The Muse is looking for an innovative and passionate Senior Dev Ops Engineer to join our Platform Team. You’ll help design, build, and manage the software systems and infrastructure that powers The Muse, working with our team of engineers, product managers and designers to help us create a better experience for the millions of users who come to The Muse for company research and career advice.
How you'll make an impact
- You’ll think deeply about systems — their edge cases, failure modes, and life cycles to craft robust but manageable solutions to meet product requirements while utilizing best-of-breed solutions and tools whenever possible
- You’ll work closely with product owners to design systems and platform capabilities that increase speed to market for features that delight our end users, while making these systems observable, reliable and deployable for our engineers
- You’ll be a champion for DevOps best practices, and a solid hands-on practitioner of the same.
- You’ll offer mentorship and guidance on the best ways to design and implement platform-level solutions across all of our products
- You'll be an experienced voice that helps define our platform and technology roadmap
Why we'll love you
- You design, build and deploy scalable systems
- You decompose services into their concerns, i.e., performance, reliability, security, scalability, usability, and compliance
- You roll out new systems, services, or changes to existing services with minimal impact to dependent systems
- You have experience managing and debugging distributed systems
- You have experience designing, deploying and managing Kafka
- You are well-versed in Cloud PaaS (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- You have a deep knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker
Why you'll love us
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women who believe transparency is important
- Our founders really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions, etc.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
If this could be your dream job, please submit a resume, so we can get to know you a little better. Feel free to share a cover letter or link to personal site as well, we look at everything you share with us.
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.