Senior Data Scientist
Our data team is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to influence how we develop our data-driven products, build and manage our data infrastructure, and use data science to impact key business goals like scalability, client and user satisfaction, etc. You will report to engineering leadership and work closely with our product, customer success, marketing, and sales teams. You’ll help ask the right questions about the business and seek out answers to some key questions that will have great impact on our business and the lives of millions users who visit our site seeking career satisfaction.
ABOUT THE MUSE
The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 75 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
Key questions you’ll help answer
- How can our data help make deeper, more effective connections between our companies and users in an effort to help as many users as possible find the company that fits their career motivations?
- What can our clients do to make their profiles more useful for our users?
- What career or company content can we recommend to our users that will be most helpful and interesting?
- What companies or user cohorts should we actively engage to fulfill our mission?
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You’ll design and analyze experiments to measure the impact of new product features.
- You’ll build models to predict the growth trajectory of different customer segments.
- You’ll offer mentorship and guidance on the best way to use machine learning and data analytics to deliver on a variety of research projects to a variety of teams across the organization.
- Alongside our colleagues from Product, you’ll work cross-functionally with other teams within The Muse to help them use data to ask and answer useful questions.
- You’ll work relentlessly to democratize access to all our data throughout the entire organization.
- Along with our Data Engineering team, you’ll own all data acquisition channels, both internal and through third-party integrations and ETLs.
Why We’ll Love You
- You have 4+ years of experience in applying data science techniques to drive technical product development and decision-making.
- You have experience with SQL and relational data modeling.
- You have expertise in statistical methods and experimental design and analysis.
- You have a strong technical background in computer science, statistics, math, information science, or another quantitative field.
- You have knowledge of big-data products.
- You look at data as a common good that is most successful when it’s accessible to the widest possible group of people. Making this data useful to others in the organization excites you.
- You’re an excellent communicator who wants to work alongside the other teams in the company to help them use data to answer their questions—and to ask better ones.
- Like us, you’re all about cross team mentorship and professional growth.
Why You’ll Love Us
- You’ll work with great people who have a lot of enthusiasm with an appropriate acknowledgment of work-life balance while also maintaining a natural & comfortable drive to achieve great things.
- We’re committed to data! We zealously collect and collate information from our systems and have already accumulated billions of data points on everything from on-site behaviour to sales activities.
- We behave ethically—While we believe that we need data to make better decisions, we respect our users’ privacy and never engage in any dark or grey collection patterns.
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women who believe transparency is important. They really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions etc..
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Meet Some of The Muse's Employees
Co-Founder & CEO
Kathryn and co-founder Alex Cavoulacos lead The Muse in helping job-seekers around the world find their dream careers—from launching a career coaching service to writing a book on The New Rules of Work.
Back to top