The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 75 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
We’re hiring a SDR Manager to lead, coach, and motivate a team of highly ambitious Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) who are focused on building sales pipeline, achieving individual and team quotas, and mastering their sales craft to become the next class of Account Executives at The Muse. This role serves two primary functions—drive revenue and develop talent. You’ll partner closely with marketing on demand generation programs and our sales leadership team to create comprehensive sales training programs. This role reports directly to our SVP of Revenue.
How you'll make an impact
- You’ll manage and develop a team of 10+ Sales Development Representatives
- You’ll work closely with partners in recruiting and HR to hire and interview SDR’s as well as onboard all new team members
- You’ll develop a deep understanding of The Muse products and services, our value proposition, clients, and the competitive landscape
- You’ll take an active collaboration role with our demand gen team and marketing
- You’ll drive revenue by exceeding quarterly and annual revenue objectives
- You'll be a coach to your team by actively participating and listening in on sales calls, providing feedback, and holding weekly 1:1's
- You’ll work closely with the Sales leadership team to develop training programs
- You’ll launch the sales career of Sales Development Representatives into consultative, new business sales roles at The Muse
Why we’ll love you
- You have 2+ years of sales development management experience—You’ve done this job before, know best practices, and know what it takes to build a successful SDR team
- You have experience managing inbound lead flow through Salesforce
- You're a coach at heart and see this as a real opportunity to groom SDR's into successful AE's
- You have a proven desire to win, eagerness to learn, and ability to thrive in a competitive environment
- You have outstanding communication, organizational, and time management skills
- You MUST have a positive attitude
Why you’ll love us
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Back to top