Sales Development Representative
The Muse was founded to make work more human by helping people navigate their careers and helping companies attract and retain great employees. Doing meaningful work is important to Musers, and our mission matters: to make everyone’s job search and work experience more enjoyable, helpful, and human. Creating the most beloved and trusted career destinations for the biggest brands and our job seekers feels really good.
As a Sales Development Representative, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly impact the growth of our company and help redefine the way companies hire. You’ll also become an expert in our business and products as you prepare yourself for the next step in your sales career.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll generate quality sales leads through outbound prospecting
- You’ll set sales meetings for Account Executives, maintaining a consistent number of meetings set each month
- You’ll provide feedback to Account Executives on new revenue opportunities
- You’ll enter timely and accurate data into Salesforce
- You’ll manage and maintain a healthy pipeline
Why we’ll love you
- You have 0-1 years of sales experience and a track record of exceeding goals
- You love The Muse, our product, and our mission and have an extreme hunger to be successful your role
- You’re committed to growing your sales career and mastering your craft
- You embrace aggressive goals and work hard to achieve them
- You know that consistency is key when it come to prospecting and setting meetings because you know it will lead to results
- You’re not easily discouraged and always maintain a positive attitude
- You’re good at building rapport and gaining trust whether it's in person or over the phone
- You’re genuinely interested in the people and companies you’re prospecting and always think about how you can help the customer
- You’re naturally curious and will take the time to do research before setting a meeting
- You hustle! All that preparedness doesn’t slow you down
Why you’ll love us
- You’ll have the opportunity to help clients like Slack, Facebook, and Squarespace amplify and improve their employer brand, putting them in a position to be more competitive in today’s war for talent
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
Meet Some of The Muse's Employees
Micah manages a team of account executives who connect with organizations in the southern U.S. that are a good fit for The Muse—and helps craft a unique partnership with each client.
Back to top