Sales Development Representative
The Muse strives to make work more human by being a trusted resource for millions of people as they seek career satisfaction—not just another job. Companies partner with The Muse as they look to attract and retain the best talent by living an authentic and compelling employer story. Our mission is to create meaningful connections between companies and candidates to make the world of work—from the job search to career development—more personal.
We're hiring Sales Development Representatives to support both our Mid Market and Enterprise Account Executives. As an SDR, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly impact the growth of our business and help redefine the way companies hire. Our SDRs are often the first point of contact for our potential customers, so you’ll be responsible for representing The Muse brand and making a positive impression that sets the tone for the entire customer lifecycle. You’ll also become an expert in our business and products as you prepare yourself for the next step in your sales career.
How you’ll make an impact
- You’ll manage and qualify inbound leads
- You’ll research companies and approach potential customers through a targeted selling strategy encompassing calling, email, social engagement, and events
- You’ll articulate and evangelize The Muse’s value proposition to decision-makers across multiple industry verticals
- You’ll drive revenue by setting sales meetings for Account Executives
- You’ll collaborate with our Marketing team on lead gen for events
- You’ll leverage a robust sales tech stack including Salesforce, Linkedin Sales Navigator, SalesLoft, Chorus, ConnectAndSell, and DiscoverOrg
Why we’ll love you
- You have 1-3 years of professional experience with time spent in a sales, recruiting, or lead gen role
- You have a competitive spirit and a hunger to win
- You’re naturally curious and have a strong desire to learn about the sales process, the people and companies you’re prospecting, The Muse business and products, and the employer branding and recruitment technology space
- You embrace aggressive goals and work hard to achieve them
- You’re not easily discouraged and always maintain a positive attitude
- You’re passionate about testing, measuring, and improving outreach effectiveness
- You enjoy being part of a team and doing whatever it takes to help that team succeed
Why you’ll love us
- You’ll have the opportunity to help clients like Slack, Facebook, and Squarespace amplify and improve their employer brand
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
Meet Some of The Muse's Employees
Co-Founder & CEO
Kathryn and co-founder Alex Cavoulacos lead The Muse in helping job-seekers around the world find their dream careers—from launching a career coaching service to writing a book on The New Rules of Work.
Back to top