The Muse strives to make work more human by being a trusted resource for millions of people as they seek career satisfaction—not just another job. Companies partner with The Muse as they look to attract and retain the best talent by living an authentic and compelling employer story. Our mission is to create meaningful connections between companies and candidates to make the world of work—from the job search to career development—more personal.
The Muse is growing, and we’re looking for someone who shares our passion for helping people find careers they love. As a Recruiter, you’ll contribute to our mission by helping scale teams across the entire company and driving the recruitment process from sourcing to interviewing to closing, all while creating a best-in-class candidate experience.
This position reports to the Director of Talent Acquisition.
How you’ll make an impact
- You’ll drive full-cycle recruitment—from sourcing to offers— for a variety of entry- to senior-level positions across Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Editorial, Finance, Operations, and more.
- You’ll ensure a high-touch candidate experience by being responsive, helpful, and friendly throughout the process
- You’ll guide hiring teams through the recruitment process, providing resources and training when needed
- You’ll lead intake meetings with hiring managers to understand their hiring needs and develop strategic sourcing and hiring plans
- You’ll assist hiring managers in the creation and finalization of job descriptions
- You’ll build a pipeline of talent by researching and sourcing candidates using LinkedIn Recruiter, social channels, events, and referrals.
- You’ll utilize our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse) to its fullest extent, maintaining all necessary application information and ensuring data integrity
- You’ll leverage data to improve recruiting efficiency, drive innovation, and influence hiring decisions
- You'll work with our People Operations teammates to ensure we do everything we can to hire people who have all the qualities and skills needed to be successful at The Muse and the comp and benefits offerings are clear upon hire.
- You’ll partner with the Director of Talent Acquisition to report weekly/monthly/quarterly hiring metrics
- You’ll update our employer branding channels like our kitchen slideshow, social, and/or other profiles on external channels
- You’ll have the opportunity to act as a subject matter expert for the organization when it comes to recruitment and hiring by making contributions to articles on The Muse and/or participating in Muse Discussions
Why we’ll love you
- You have 3+ years of in-house, full-cycle recruiting experience, ideally at a high-growth startup.
- You have a track record of successfully identifying, qualifying, and closing exceptional candidates across a wide variety of roles.
- You find satisfaction in setting and achieving goals.
- You have passion and empathy for job seekers—you’ve been there too and want to be a part of building a better experience.
- You’re skilled at creating strong, trusting relationships with hiring managers and can effectively communicate with people of all levels.
- You’re relentlessly positive and enthusiastic—You enjoy a good challenge and won’t let something like a declined offer get you down.
- You’re comfortable working on a small team with limited resources.
- You embrace (and enjoy!) the constant change that happens in hiring at a startup.
- You’re data-driven and proactive about utilizing pipeline metrics to quickly work through any recruiting roadblocks.
Why you’ll love us
- You’ll work with a leadership team, hiring managers, and teammates who are committed to hiring talent that will make their teams better and accelerate achieving The Muse mission.
- We’re helping people like you, specialists in HR and Talent Acquisition, to attract and retain the best talent which means you’ll have the unique opportunity to help our client-facing and product teams with new employer initiatives.
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally.
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Meet Some of The Muse's Employees
Co-Founder & CEO
Kathryn and co-founder Alex Cavoulacos lead The Muse in helping job-seekers around the world find their dream careers—from launching a career coaching service to writing a book on The New Rules of Work.
Back to top