- New York, NY
The Muse is a values-based job search platform used by over 70 million people annually to connect with companies and find a career that matches their values. Founded in 2011, we were named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. We have a highly diverse userbase of Millennial & Gen Z jobseekers who we help connect with companies as wide-ranging as Apple, Nike and the FBI, on the strength of those companies’ values, cultures, and employee experiences. Our users come to TheMuse.com for original career advice from prominent experts, access to the best coaches, and a behind-the-scenes look at job opportunities. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
The Muse strives to make work more human by being a trusted resource for millions of people as they seek career satisfaction—not just another job. Companies partner with The Muse as they look to attract and retain the best talent by living an authentic and compelling employer story. Our mission is to create meaningful connections between companies and candidates to make the world of work—from the job search to career development—more personal.
The Muse is growing, and we’re looking for an exceptional recruiter who shares our passion for helping people find careers they love. As a Recruiter, you’ll contribute to our mission by helping scale teams across the business driving the recruitment process from sourcing to interviewing to closing, all while creating a best-in-class candidate experience.
This position reports to the COO.
How you'll make an impact
- Drive full-cycle recruitment—from sourcing to offers— for a variety of entry to senior-level positions across the business
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships across the entire Muse team, including cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders
- Ensure an outstanding candidate experience by being responsive, helpful, and friendly throughout the process
- Guide hiring teams through the recruitment process, providing resources and training when needed while advising teams on best practices
- Lead intake meetings with hiring managers to understand their hiring needs and develop strategic sourcing and hiring plans
- Assist hiring managers in the creation and finalization of job descriptions
- Build a pipeline of talent by researching and sourcing candidates using LinkedIn Recruiter, social channels, events, and referrals
- Utilize our applicant tracking system (Lever) to its fullest extent, maintaining all necessary application information and ensuring data integrity
- You’ll leverage data to improve recruiting efficiency, drive innovation, and influence hiring decisions
- Utilize innovative sourcing techniques and strategies to find, connect with and recruit top-tier talent
- You’ll have the opportunity to act as a subject matter expert for the organization when it comes to recruitment and hiring by making contributions to articles on The Muse
Why we'll love you
- You have 3+ years of in-house, full-cycle recruiting experience, ideally at a high-growth startup
- You have a track record of successfully identifying, qualifying, and closing exceptional candidates across a wide variety of roles. Preferred if your experience ranges across both revenue and technical organizations
- You find satisfaction in setting and achieving goals
- You have passion and empathy for job seekers—you’ve been there too and want to be a part of building a better experience
- You’re skilled at creating strong, trusting relationships with hiring managers and can effectively communicate with people of all levels
- You’re relentlessly positive and enthusiastic—You enjoy a good challenge and won’t let something like a declined offer get you down
- You’re comfortable working on a small team with limited resources
- You embrace (and enjoy!) the constant change that happens in hiring at a startup
- You’re data-driven and proactive about utilizing pipeline metrics to quickly work through any recruiting roadblocks
Why you'll love us
- You’ll work with a leadership team, hiring managers, and teammates who are committed to hiring talent that will make their teams better and accelerate achieving The Muse mission
- We’re helping people like you, specialists in HR and Talent Acquisition, to attract and retain the best talent which means you’ll have the unique opportunity to help our client-facing and product teams with new employer initiatives
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
Back to top