Product Manager, Search & Discovery
The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 75 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
As the Product Manager, Search & Discovery, you’ll support our mission and you will join our product team to develop cutting-edge products. Meeting our clients and job seekers needs is an essential component of our product strategy, contributing to revenue growth and product capabilities that help differentiate The Muse within the HR and Talent space.
This role reports directly to the Director of Growth
How you’ll make an impact
- You’ll work with the product and leadership teams to help define and revolutionize how we generate and display search results from our pretty extensive job portfolio delivered to millions of job seekers each day.
- You'll drive success through your technical dexterity, comfort developing customer empathy, and ability to rally fully dedicated teams of engineers, designers, analysts, data scientists, and fellow product managers around a common goal.
- As a product manager working on search you will define and lead delivery of experiences that consider the search and browse journey across our web and mobile experience.
- You'll thrive in this role by working at the intersection of data science and design to best serve our growing set of job seekers each with unique career goals and needs
- You are a natural leader who is business-savvy, customer-driven, and has experience with Search Products and E-commerce.
- You’re a data-driven individual, with a focus on execution and impact, and are able to bring projects from concept to completion.
- You will use quantitative and qualitative insights to drive employers/candidates facing features
- You’ll solicit input from engineering experts to understand the technical feasibility of new features
- You’ll manage and prioritize product backlog across all stakeholder groups
- You’ll partner with Engineering leadership and manage resources to execute feature development
- You’ll partner with product managers on a daily basis to discuss employers/candidates needs and requirements, understand priorities, and negotiate resources
- You’ll conduct customer interviews and focus groups to validate/refine assumptions related to defining new products or features and bringing them to market
- You’ll work with the creative design team to create dynamic solutions that balance user experience and business objectives
- You’ll cultivate and build on existing relationships
Why we’ll love you
- You have 8+ years of experience in product development, design, and product management.
- 2+ years experience working on search, e-commerce and discovery products is required
- Strong technical background, either from academic, engineering, or hands-on product development experience
- Experience working with remote teams a plus, but not required.
- Prior startup or high-growth experience a big plus!
- You have experience in bringing new products to market by leveraging Agile methodologies
- You have passion and empathy for job seekers—you’ve been there too and want to be a part of building a better experience.
- You're curious, know when you’re not at the bottom of the problem, and will scratch under the surface with the right questions to make sure we understand what we are building and why.
- You have exceptional critical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- You are able to lay out edge cases, identify dependencies, and lay out the if/then in any scenario. You likely find puzzles fun.
- You're flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, and know how to look at new considerations or data and determine if any changes need to be made.
- You're collaborative, diplomatic and humble, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You're hypothesis-driven, understand MVPs and intuitively think of what the easiest, smallest thing we can do to test a hypothesis would be.
- And finally, you understand that being a product manager carries the responsibility to make sure we're solving the most important problems, and that the best solutions for those problems are built within our constraints
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Back to top