Product Manager, Data & Analytics
The Muse strives to make work more human by being a trusted resource for millions of people as they seek career satisfaction—not just another job. Companies partner with The Muse as they look to attract and retain the best talent by living an authentic and compelling employer story. Our mission is to create meaningful connections between companies and candidates to make the world of work—from the job search to career development—more personal.
As the Product Manager for Data & Analytics, you’ll work across Muse teams to take our data and analytics capabilities to the next level. You’ll focus primarily on data products and insights for employers and be responsible for capturing data around employer branding and the talent lifecycle. Leveraging these key insights, you’ll develop and execute on product strategy that expands our current and future data offerings.
How you'll make an impact
- You’ll be the Voice of the Customer—you're excited to use data to understand the customer journey, and share those insights across the team. You don't take self-reported issues at face value, and know how to truly define the core problem at hand.
- You’ll be the owner of measurement capabilities across platforms, driving the strategy, technology and requirements to collect and analyze data for Muse content distributed across online channels.
- You’ll help manage our product management system—you're energized by keeping Jira up to date, writing clear and effective specs, A/B testing, goal setting and keeping our product and engineering machine running smoothly.
- You’ll be a partner to the engineering, data science and design teams, working very closely with them as well as team leads and stakeholders for different feature builds.
- You’ll collect and prioritize asks—as a product manager at The Muse, you’ll be on the receiving end of a lot of ideas and suggestions from excited colleagues, users, and clients. You'll be collecting and assessing those asks, synthesizing the information with quantitative or qualitative information as needed, and making recommendations to our SVP of Product and CTO to determine what is built, based on your assumptions and our constraints.
- You’ll manage QA and bug prioritization—we don't like to ship bugs, but you can't ship fast and be perfect. You're looking forward to improving upon our existing QA process, and have a knack for prioritizing bugs (and knowing when they're not worth fixing) so that we can focus as much effort as possible on new features.
- While your primary focus will be data products and insights for employers, you’ll also work with the consumer team to leverage data to drive consumer-user personalization, helping both job seekers and growth-getters achieve continuous career satisfaction.
Why we’ll love you
- You have 2-5 years of product management experience, and have worked with engineers on successful web and/or mobile product/feature launches. Experience working with remote teams a plus, but not required.
- You are passionate about data, and can debate the merits of cookies versus pixel tracking for off-site and cross platform data collection. Experience working in adtech or on an analytics platform / data-focused product a plus.
- You have technical acumen, and are savvy enough to ask the right questions of engineers and know what information our engineers need to know before starting a feature. More advanced technical experience, especially with our stack, is a plus.
- You're curious, know when you’re not at the bottom of the problem, and will scratch under the surface with the right questions to make sure we understand what we are building and why.
- You have exceptional critical reasoning and problem solving skills. You are able to lay out edge cases, identify dependencies, and lay out the if/then in any scenario. You likely find puzzles fun.
- You're flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, and know how to look at new considerations or data and determine if any changes need to be made.
- You have empathy in spades, for both our user and your colleagues.
- You're collaborative, diplomatic and humble, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You're hypothesis-driven, understand MVPs and intuitively think of what the easiest, smallest thing we can do to test a hypothesis would be.
- And finally, you understand that being a product manager carries the responsibility to make sure we're solving the most important problems, and that the best solutions for those problems are built within our constraints.
Why you’ll love us
- Data is central to our long-term product strategy—in this role, you’ll have the opportunity to explore new and innovative ways to use data to help fulfill our mission.
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
In an industry full of wordpress installs, our tech stack stands above the rest. We've created a custom web application that builds on:
- Python 3 and Go on the backend
- Typescript and react on the frontend
- Postgres, Elasticsearch and Redis for data management
- Node.js and Ruby on Rails for various tools and services
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Meet Some of The Muse's Employees
Co-Founder & CEO
Kathryn and co-founder Alex Cavoulacos lead The Muse in helping job-seekers around the world find their dream careers—from launching a career coaching service to writing a book on The New Rules of Work.
Back to top