Product Manager, Data & Analytics
As the Product Manager for Data & Analytics, you’ll work across Muse teams to take our data and analytics capabilities to the next level. You’ll have the opportunity to significantly impact the growth of our company as we redefine the way companies hire and people find jobs, and develop our suite of analytics products for clients. You will be responsible for executing product strategy and helping build out a strong analytics infrastructure. We’re a young start-up and poised for rapid growth, but in order to achieve that rapid growth, we’re looking for people who share our passion for our users, embrace aggressive goals and work hard to achieve them.
How you'll make an impact
- Be the Voice of the Customer. You're excited to use data to understand the customer journey, and share those insights across the team. You don't take self-reported issues at face value, and know how to truly define the core problem at hand
- Manage our product management system - you're energized by keeping Pivotal Tracker up to date, writing clear and effective specs, A/B testing, goal setting and keeping our product and engineering machine running smoothly
- Collaborate across the team - you are a partner to the engineering, data science and design teams, working very closely with them as well as team leads and stakeholders for different feature builds
- Collect and prioritize asks - as our product manager, you will be on the receiving end of a lot of ideas and suggestions from excited colleagues, users and clients. You'll be collecting and assessing those asks, synthesizing the information with quantitative or qualitative information as needed, and making recommendations to our Head of Product and CTO to determine what is built, based on your assumptions and our constraints.
- Manage QA and bug prioritization - we don't like to ship bugs, but you can't ship fast and be perfect. You're looking forward to improving upon our existing QA process, and have a knack for prioritizing bugs (and knowing when they're not worth fixing) so that we can focus as much effort as possible on new features
Why we’ll love you
- You have 2-5 years of product management experience, and have worked with engineers on successful web and/or mobile product/feature launches. Experience working with remote teams a plus, but not required
- You are passionate about data, and can debate the merits of cookies versus pixel tracking for off-site and cross platform data collection. Experience working in adtech or on an analytics platform / data-focused product a plus
- You have technical acumen, and are savvy enough to ask the right questions of engineers and know what information our engineers need to know before starting a feature. More advanced technical experience, especially with our stack, is a plus
- You're curious, know when you’re not at the bottom of the problem, and will scratch under the surface with the right questions to make sure we understand what we are building and why
- You have exceptional critical reasoning and problem solving skills. You are able to lay out edge cases, identify dependencies, and lay out the if/then in any scenario. You likely find puzzles fun
- You're flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, and know how to look at new considerations or data and determine if any changes need to be made
- You have empathy in spades, for both our user and your colleagues
- You're collaborative, diplomatic and humble, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You're hypothesis-driven, understand MVPs and intuitively think of what the easiest, smallest thing we can do to test a hypothesis would be
- And finally, you understand that being a product manager carries the responsibility to make sure we're solving the most important problems, and that the best solutions for those problems are built within our constraints
Why you’ll love us
- Our team is phenomenal—experienced, smart, and hardworking
- Strict “no assholes” rule – we enjoy working together
- We invest in growing our people – personally and professionally
- You’ll be part of extraordinary growth
- We do hack days, have flexible work environments and offer unlimited vacation
- Flexible work environment and proclivity to take meetings by the dog park (unless you hate dogs, then we'll go somewhere else)
If this is your dream job, please submit your cover letter and resume. We love cover letters, they help us get to know you. We look forward to talking with you!
This position is based at Muse HQ in New York City, and reports to our SVP of Product. You must be authorized to work in the US.
What is The Muse?
The Muse is your ultimate career destination, offering exciting job opportunities, expert advice, and a peek behind the scenes into fantastic companies and career paths. We believe that you can and should love your job--and be successful at it--and we want to help make that happen. Whether you're just starting out, changing career paths, or aiming for the C-suite, we've got everything you need to take charge of your career.
In an industry full of wordpress installs, our tech stack stands above the rest. We've created a custom web application that builds on:
- Python 3 with the tornado web framework
- Postgres, Elasticsearch and Redis for data management, along with Amplitude
- Coffeescript, sass and mithril on the frontend
- Go and node.js used for various tools and services
Meet Some of The Muse's Employees
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Shlomo continually enhances The Muse's site by coding new features, creating new products, and collaborating with the rest of the Development Team to troubleshoot technical issues.
Back to top