Product Director, Growth
The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 75 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
The Muse is seeking a Product Director, Growth to join our product team to develop cutting-edge products. More specifically, you’ll be responsible for setting the audience growth strategy and helping the team execute on it in partnership with key stakeholders across the organization.
This role reports directly to the SVP, Product and is located at the Muse HQ in Manhattan.
How you’ll make an impact
- You will be a purveyor of the Growth Team’s mission, process, standards, and hypothesis-driven approach. Proactively upkeep and advance our learning-driven mindset across the Product Team and the greater company.
- You will lead process with cross functional team to deeply understand the metrics and data to identify existing challenges and new opportunities for experimentation
- You will use quantitative and qualitative insights to drive employer/candidate facing features
- You will work cross-functionally with designers, developers, and analysts to build impactful, metric-driven roadmaps that accelerate user growth and improve customer retention, revenue, and lifetime value
- You will work collaboratively to understand, document, analyze, and translate user needs, motivations, and constraints into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications. Integrate usability studies, research, and analytics into product requirements that remove constraints or seek points of leverage.
- You will help executive leadership understand opportunities and risks to inform decision-making.
- You’ll solicit input from engineering experts to understand the technical feasibility of new features
- You’ll manage and prioritize the product backlog across all stakeholder groups
- You’ll partner with Engineering leadership and manage resources to execute feature development
- You’ll work with the creative design team to create dynamic solutions that balance user experience and business objectives
- You’ll analyze competitors and market trends
- You’ll represent product in sales and marketing discussions
Why we’ll love you
- You have 10+ years of experience in product development, design, and product management.
- You have a clear understanding of the different types of customer acquisition channels (SEO, SEM, PR). You know how to understand, filter and work with data, including visualization tools
- Prior startup or high-growth experience a big plus!
- You possess a growth mindset: Live and breathe experimentation, data analysis, and ruthlessly prioritize for impact.
- You know how best to leverage qualitative user research to inform and complement decision making in an efficient way
- You have the ability to identify opportunities and drive metrics impact with a business
- You have prior experience optimizing acquisition funnels and maximizing user retention
- You have the ability to work autonomously and lead product development efforts
- You have exceptional communication and organization skills
- You have a strong command of user experience (UX) with a track record of championing what’s best for the user, while balancing the needs of the business
- You have experience in bringing new products to market by leveraging agile methodologies
- You're flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, and know how to look at new considerations or data and determine if any changes need to be made.
- You're collaborative, diplomatic and humble, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re supportive and fair, showing genuine interest in the well-being and success of your team.
- You have passion and empathy for job seekers—you’ve been there too and want to be a part of building a better experience.
- You're curious, know when you’re not at the bottom of the problem, and will scratch under the surface with the right questions to make sure we understand what we are building and why.
- You are able to lay out edge cases, identify dependencies, and lay out the if/then in any scenario. You likely find puzzles fun.
- And finally, you understand that being a Growth Product Director carries the responsibility to make sure we're solving the most important problems, and that the best solutions for those problems are built within our constraints
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Back to top