Product Designer, Employer Squad
- New York, NY
The Muse is a career platform used by over 70 million people to find their best-fit jobs, companies and careers. Founded in 2011, we were named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Our team is passionate about connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level, because life’s too short to hate your career.
The Muse is seeking a user-centric Product Designer to oversee our organization’s client-facing design strategy, research, and execution. Reporting to the head of Product, the Product Designer will own the entire B2B app — onboarding, workflows, dashboard, data viz, and more — that keeps our Talent Acquisition and HR clients engaged and delighted.
- Working closely with your squad’s dedicated Product Manager, Tech Lead, engineers, and stakeholders, you’ll design and maintain a suite of products and features that drive both user delight and business value.
- Ownership: You will own the design of The Muse’s “Employer App”, building upon existing products, iterating, and conceiving new designs.
- Design Process: You’ll refine and own your squad’s methodology from discovery to execution.
- UX Strategy: You’ll own your squad’s product-design roadmap and other strategic artifacts, such as customer journey maps, user flows, and personas.
- Collaboration: You will gather requirements and input from members of your team as well as from other internal stakeholders, particularly Sales and Account Management.
- Design System: To ensure design and dev process efficiency, you will create, organize, and maintain patterns in our front-end design system.
- User Research: You’ll develop qualitative research plans that garners ongoing insights from our clients, leveraging quantitative data and user-research tools to make informed design decisions.
- Execution: After a collaborative, user-centric process, you’ll deliver development-ready designs that are useful, usable, and delightful – keeping The Muse brand top-of-mind for HR professionals.
Skills & Traits
- You have a few years’ experience in managing a design process for your products, from concept to design execution. This includes customer journey, user research, information architecture, wireframes, user flows, and interface/interaction design.
- Predictability: You have participated in the entire product-design process and are familiar with all the steps, touchpoints, and artifacts therein.
- Problem-Focused: You can adeptly identify design problems worth solving, and you help the team stay focused on the problem throughout the product-design process.
- Empathy: Your process puts the user at the center of the design and ensures that real, human needs are being met.
- Transparency: You communicate seamlessly across the entire org to include all key stakeholders in your process to usher the best ideas to production.
- Impact: Qualitative and quantitative data are an integral part of your design mindset, and your designs impact measurable goals.
- Agility: You believe in the MVP and seek to find the shortest path to the best answer.
- User Research: You are skilled in various research methods from which you are able to glean actionable insights.
- Delight: You have a keen eye for visual design and you seek to elevate The Muse’s B2B brand.
- Detail Orientation: You never miss a pixel in QA and your designs consider an array of screens, devices, experiences, and user abilities.
- Focus: You are a ruthless prioritizer and seek out only the most impactful work in your day-to-day.
- You feel good about your career so far but you’re ready to take on more -- and, in the process, accelerate your learning and professional growth. You’re looking to increase your domain expertise and ownership of the overall design process. You’re eager to accentuate your strengths and overcome your weaknesses with the love and support of your team and your manager.
- 4+ years of digital user experience and user interface design
- At least one year owning a design strategy for a product or team
- Experience in Agile/Lean/Scrum product design and development, preferably in a fast-growth startup environment
- Data-driven thinking and analytical skills are a mustYou’ve managed a multi-quarter project informed by user research
- You’ve contributed to or managed a design system and/or design pattern library
- Knowledge of leading digital-design and prototyping toolsSAAS/B2B information architecture and UX design a huge plus
Working at The Muse
The Muse is the leading online destination for Millennial and Gen-Z knowledge workers seeking to advance their careers and research today’s best companies and jobs.
We are dedicated to improving how people work — and we start from within. We constantly refine our processes and operations, from little things like investing in the right internal tools and software to big things like transparent leadership and company financials. We solicit ideas from all corners of the company and hold each other accountable for being our best selves. We strive every day to make The Muse welcoming and inclusive for our employees, our clients, and our candidates.
-You’ll be surrounded by a collaborative team that is working together to reshape the future of work.
-We move fast, with iterative product releases every day. We embrace failure as a part of our process and strive to improve every day.
-Our founders thrive on transparency. You’ll always know the latest about company progress, strategy, board meetings, and big, company-wide decisions.
-We stick to a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work knowing you’ll be surrounded by people who genuinely care about you.
-We will invest in your professional development — manager one-on-ones, skip-level meetings, leadership exposure, presentation opportunities, and learning/development budgets.
-Competitive health/vision/dental benefits, 401(k), and unlimited vacation.
The majority of the team is headquartered in New York, NY (37th & Broadway), but we’re making the most of quarantine with regular Zoom standups and team meetings, purposeful Slack communication, and consistent company messaging from leadership.
For consideration, please submit your resume and portfolio or personal website.
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
Back to top