Part-Time Writer / Editor, Engineering
Are you passionate about helping developers land and succeed at their dream jobs—and do you love writing about it? The Muse is looking for a top-notch writer/editor to help build out its new Engineering Career Advice content section. This is a part-time, paid, remote position.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You’ll own the content in the Muse Engineering Career Advice section, contributing 2-3 articles each week (a mix of writing and editing) on fun, fresh topics in the career and job search space.
- You’ll help us establish relationships with key engineering content partners to distribute engineering content.
Why We’ll Love You
- You’re the one your engineering friends (or paying clients) come to for career and job search advice.
- You have experience writing career advice for developers—either for your own blog or for other top sites—and you know exactly what it takes to produce impactful, authentic content that readers trust, love, and share.
- You know how to weave technical, detailed information into an article without boring readers
- You have experience editing; you know how to maintain writer’s unique voices while adhering to the style and tone of a publication.
- You’re a pro proofreader and fact-checker.
- You’re fast, organized, and on top of your game, and you’ve never missed a deadline in your life.
- You have a demonstrated passion for helping others achieve their career dreams.
- You’re based in the U.S.
Along with your resume and cover letter, please send us 3 links to writing samples you've published elsewhere AND 5-6 articles you’d love to see in our Engineering Career Advice section.
What is The Muse?
The Muse is your ultimate career destination, offering exciting job opportunities, quality coaching, expert advice, and a peek behind the scenes into fantastic companies and career paths. We believe that you can and should love your job--and be successful at it--and we want to help make that happen. Whether you're just starting out, changing career paths, or aiming for the C-suite, we've got everything you need to take charge of your career.
Back to top