Part-time Editorial Intern / Fellow
The Muse was founded to make work more human by helping people navigate their careers and helping companies attract and retain great employees. Doing meaningful work is important to Musers, and our mission matters: to make everyone’s job search and work experience more enjoyable, helpful, and human. Creating the most beloved and trusted career destinations for the biggest brands and our job seekers feels really good.
Our team is growing, and we’re looking for an editorial fellow with 2-100 years of working experience to help our fast-moving editorial department write, produce, and promote the best career content on the web. Working alongside The Muse’s Senior Editor and editorial team, you’ll get a chance to see and get involved with all the inner workings of a digital publication. At the end of the fellowship, you’ll have the experience needed to get an entry-level position in the field.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You'll write awesome career and job search articles and learning how to market them on our social platforms
- You'll troll the interwebs for the best videos, infographics, stories, and GIFs to share with our audience
- You'll upload articles and getting them ready for the world to see
- You'll pitch articles and sitting in on weekly pitch meetings
- You'll help out with other projects and tasks where needed
Why We’ll Love You
- You’re looking to make a career change into digital media
- You’re enthralled with all things media and editorial and excited about working in a fast-paced startup
- You have some writing experience (a blog totally counts!)
- You’re over-the-top organized, extraordinarily great with details, and a great communicator, on paper and in person
- You’re a grammar nerd at heart
- Part-time, 10 hours per week
- 6-month commitment
- Paid, $11/an hour
Along with your resume, send us a cover letter that makes us smile and links to 2-3 writing samples. Note: They don’t have to be published, we just want to see your voice and style!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
Meet Some of The Muse's Employees
Micah manages a team of account executives who connect with organizations in the southern U.S. that are a good fit for The Muse—and helps craft a unique partnership with each client.
Back to top