Work with engineers like Shlomo:
At The Muse, we help our members feel more confident, more motivated, and more successful in their careers—no matter what stage they’re at. We know finding a career you love (at a company you care about) is no easy task. That's why we exist.
There’s a lot of cool technology behind our products, and our engineering team is looking for a fullstack engineer to help us implement new features, build new products, and make sure that our current machinery runs smoothly to help make lives better for our millions of members.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You will build new features that help millions of people curate their careers and find better jobs.
- Your work on bridging our backend microservices with our frontend architecture will help us create a modern, lean, well-built web application that grows and improves every day.
- Together with our product and design teams, you will turn product ideas and concepts into reality.
- You will help make sure that our entire stack is always up to date and contribute many great tools to the open source community.
Why we’ll love you
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a fullstack or similar position.
- You feel confident in your skills with backend technologies; we use Python 3 and Tornado, with a little bit of Go mixed in, but we’re happy to speak with you if you work with other platforms like Java or Ruby.
- Ditto on the frontend, where we use technologies like CoffeeScript, HTML, and CSS/SASS.
- You have experience with RDBMs like PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MySQL.
Why you’ll love us
- We’re fanatical about finding the right tool for each job. We pick technologies because they make sense, and we’re not afraid to try something new when we feel that it could be useful, even if we’ve never used it before.
- Our team works on problems, not tasks. We like to help other teams turn their needs into great technology, and we give each engineer the freedom to tackle the challenges that they find most interesting.
- We move fast, with multiple releases every day and an iterative approach to developing new features and measuring their success.
- We place a heavy emphasis on open source. Check out our github.
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
- We also offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and tons of opportunities for personal development.
What is The Muse?
We suspect you’ve already Googled us, but, just in case, here’s a bit more in our own words.
The Muse is your ultimate career destination, offering exciting job opportunities, quality coaching, expert advice, and a peek behind the scenes into fantastic companies and career paths. We believe that you can and should love your job--and be successful at it--and we want to help make that happen. Whether you're just starting out, changing career paths, or aiming for the C-suite, we've got everything you need to take charge of your career.
As a new employee, you'll take part of an insane growth trajectory, fueled by the pent up demand of people seeking to answer the question, “What do I want to do with my life?”
As a company that emphasizes culture fit for companies and candidates, we actively seek out candidates that would fit in well with the development team and the larger organization.
We have a strict "no assholes" rule. We enjoy working together here.
Back to top