The Muse strives to make work more human by being a trusted resource for millions of people as they seek career satisfaction—not just another job. Companies partner with The Muse as they look to attract and retain the best talent by living an authentic and compelling employer story. Our mission is to create meaningful connections between companies and candidates to make the world of work—from the job search to career development—more personal.
There’s a lot of cool technology behind our products, and our engineering team is looking for a fullstack engineer to help us implement new features, build new products, and make sure that our current machinery runs smoothly to help make lives better for our millions of members.
How You'll Make an Impact
- You’ll build new features that help millions of people curate their careers and find better jobs.
- Your work on bridging our backend systems with our frontend architecture will help us create a modern, lean, well-built web application that grows and improves every day.
- You’ll work on a cross-functional team with a product manager, designers, and other engineers to turn product ideas and concepts into reality.
- You’ll help make sure our entire stack is always up to date and contribute many great tools to the open source community.
Why we’ll love you
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in a fullstack or similar position.
- You feel confident in your skills with backend technologies; we use Python 3 and Tornado, with a little bit of Go mixed in, but we’re happy to speak with you if you work with other platforms like Java or Ruby.
- Ditto on the frontend, where we use technologies like Typescript, React, HTML, and CSS/SASS.
- You have experience with RDBMs like PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MySQL.
Why you’ll love us
- We’re fanatical about finding the right tool for each job. We pick technologies because they make sense, and we’re not afraid to try something new when we feel that it could be useful, even if we’ve never used it before.
- Our team works on problems, not tasks. We like to help other teams turn their needs into great technology, and we give each engineer the freedom to tackle the challenges that they find most interesting.
- We move fast, with multiple releases every day and an iterative approach to developing new features and measuring their success.
- We place a heavy emphasis on open source. Check us out on github.
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
In an industry full of wordpress installs, our tech stack stands above the rest. We've created a custom web application that builds on:
- Python 3 and Go on the backend
- Typescript and react on the frontend
- PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and Redis for data management
- Node.js and Ruby on Rails for various tools and services
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Meet Some of The Muse's Employees
Co-Founder & CEO
Kathryn and co-founder Alex Cavoulacos lead The Muse in helping job-seekers around the world find their dream careers—from launching a career coaching service to writing a book on The New Rules of Work.
Back to top