The Muse—the fast-growing career destination that helps people figure out what they want to do with their life and succeed once they get there—is disrupting the recruitment space and is looking for an Events Manager to drive brand awareness and thought leadership through high impact events. In this role, events are both offline and online, namely conference sponsorships, webinars and events hosted by The Muse for our user community, industry leaders, and current or prospective clients.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You’ll work with the Sr. B2B Marketing Manager to establish our calendar of HR industry conferences and negotiate sponsorship packages that will deliver on goals and stay within budget
- You’ll manage all logistics related to The Muse’s presence at conferences including promotion, booth setup, shipping, swag, coordination with the sales team to set meetings and maximize opportunities, lead capture, and post-conference follow-up
- You’ll help set up, monitor, and report on nurture campaigns for leads captured from conference activities and suggest refinements based on results
- Collaborating with your fellow marketing and sales team members, you’ll help conceive of Muse-produced events for our user community, HR industry leaders, clients, and prospective clients and manage the execution of those events
- You’ll manage our webinar programs including establishing a webinar calendar, materials preparation, partner coordination, logistical set-up, promotions, lead nurturing, and reporting
- You’ll work with executive team members and partners who will serve as webinar talent to develop content and prepare so all goes smoothly
- You’ll work with our Business Development team to secure partnerships that increase the promotional reach of our webinar programs
Why We’ll Love You
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience managing events and company’s onsite presence at conferences; Ideally you have 1+ years of experience managing webinars
- You’re a master at logistically challenging undertakings and make them seem simple
- You’re results-oriented and know an event does not end when participants leave or sign off; that’s when the important work of sending follow up emails, nurturing leads, monitoring results, reporting and making recommendations kicks in
- You thrive on orchestrating cross-functional collaborations to create an event experience that is bigger than the sum of its parts
- You may even have HR industry conference or webinar experience, and that’s a bonus
- You’re able to travel up to 30% to manage our onsite presence at conferences and events
Why you’ll love us
- Our team is phenomenal
- Strict “no assholes” rule—we enjoy working together
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- You’ll be part of insane growth
- We offer a competitive base salary, equity, and benefits
What is The Muse?
The Muse is your ultimate career destination, offering exciting job opportunities, expert advice, and a peek behind the scenes into fantastic companies and career paths. We believe that you can and should love your job--and be successful at it--and we want to help make that happen. Whether you're just starting out, changing career paths, or aiming for the C-suite, we've got everything you need to take charge of your career.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Back to top