Email Marketing Coordinator
- New York, NY
The Muse is a career platform used by over 70 million people to find their best-fit jobs, companies and careers, and was recently named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
We're hiring an Email Marketing Coordinator to join our marketing team. As an Email Marketing Coordinator, you’ll use insights from our data and your keen attention to detail to make recommendations, build and send emails. Our email program reaches millions of users, helping them navigate their job search and career, and discover new jobs and companies for them. You’ll also partner closely with our other teams to ensure our email strategy supports the business as a whole. This position reports to the SVP, Marketing.
- Maintain the email calendar: work with the broader Marketing team, Editorial, and Sales to plan and schedule email campaigns.
- Own email marketing project management and production processes
- Collaborate with Editorial and Sales to curate content (~4-5 emails/week). Provide recommendations based on best practices or prior learnings to inform copy and content decisions.
- Build emails using Emarsys editor. QA all emails and work with stakeholders in Editorial and Sales to test, and incorporate feedback during the email approval process. Schedule and deploy campaigns.
- Manage segmentation and update segments as needed depending on campaign goals.
- Work with Sales and Product to support for B2B campaigns as needed.
- Plan, execute, and analyze A/B testing. Share results and actionable insights with internal teams, and use learnings to inform planning and strategy.
- Monitor and manage both email deliverability and list growth and hygiene.
- Populate weekly, monthly, and/or ad-hoc reports. Share key learnings, identify opportunities to improve performance, and make recommendations for change.
- Manage tracking and revenue recognition for sponsored email campaigns.
- Forecast business KPI’s (job views, profile views, job applies) based on segmentation and editorial calendar.
Why We'll Love You
- You have marketing experience at a consumer brand. Experience with email / CRM is a bonus but not required. If you do not have email experience, you must be interested in developing expertise in this space
- You’re analytically-minded, comfortable with Excel and have been directly responsible for data analysis and synthesis; you enjoy using data to make recommendations on how marketing/content programs can better reach a user and meet business goals
- You have worked across teams on projects with multiple stakeholders, and know how to get this done cross-functionally
- You’re known for your attention to detail, high accountability, and positive attitude
- Nice to have but not required, knowledge of : HTML; ESPs (ex: Emarsys), data visualization (ex: Looker); copywriting
Why You'll Love Us
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Back to top