Editor, Branded Content
The Muse—the fast-growing career destination that helps people figure out what they want to do with their life and succeed once they get there—is expanding its branded content team and looking for a whip-smart, creative Editor.
Reporting to the Director, Branded Content, the Editor will work on branded content packages that are impactful and authentic to both brand (important) and reader (more important).
How you’ll make an impact
- You’ll be pitching and brainstorming creative (in some cases, larger-than-life) concepts
- You’ll assign stories to freelance writers and edit them to perfection
- You’ll write and produce articles
- You’ll manage regular branded content features (e.g., “Best Companies to Work For” roundups)
- You’ll manage feedback rounds and getting assets from clients
- You’ll work collaboratively with sales, marketing, social, and account management teams to ensure success of campaigns from pitch to execution
Why we’ll love you
- You have 3-5 years writing and editing experience with a digital media company, including 1-3 years experience working on branded campaigns
- You’re a fiercely talented writer who can maintain a unique voice while adhering to the style and tone of our publication (fun yet SFW, helpful yet conversational, encouraging with a little bit of well-placed snark)
- You know exactly what it takes to produce impactful, authentic content that readers trust, love, and share
- You have effectively hired and managed freelancers
- You’re obsessive about the trends, best practices, and future of branded content
- You’re most comfortable in a fast-paced, often changing environment
- You’re known for an exemplary work ethic, positive attitude, and can-do spirit
- You’re over-the-top organized, extraordinary with details, and a great communicator, on paper and in person
- You’re familiar with content management systems, project management systems, and HTML
- You have a passion for helping others achieve their career dreams
Why you’ll love us
- Our team of writers, editors, and contributors is just about the best around
- Strict “no assholes” rule – we enjoy working together
- We invest in growing our people – personally and professionally
- You’ll be part of insane growth
- We offer a competitive base salary, commission, and benefits
What is The Muse?
The Muse is your ultimate career destination, offering exciting job opportunities, quality coaching, expert advice, and a peek behind the scenes into fantastic companies and career paths. We believe that you can and should love your job--and be successful at it--and we want to help make that happen. Whether you're just starting out, changing career paths, or aiming for the C-suite, we've got everything you need to take charge of your career.
Along with your resume and cover letter, please send us 3 links to branded content articles you’ve written.
Meet Some of The Muse's Employees
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Shlomo continually enhances The Muse's site by coding new features, creating new products, and collaborating with the rest of the Development Team to troubleshoot technical issues.
Back to top