Director, Public Relations and Communications
Here at The Muse, our mission is to become the most trusted and beloved career destination, and we aim to be in the primary consideration set for companies who want to promote their employer brand and attract top talent. We are looking for a Director, Public Relations and Communications to help share the story of our amazing brand and play a critical role in our growth.
How you’ll make an impact
- You’ll help build consumer awareness among our target consumer audience by obtaining placements in major media outlets and crafting an authentic, compelling story
- Collaborating with our B2B Marketing team, you’ll grow awareness and establish The Muse as a thought leader in the talent acquisition space
- You’ll proactively conceive, develop, and execute impactful PR campaigns
- You’ll swiftly and decisively react to the many media and speaking engagement opportunities that come our way, evaluating what level of engagement makes sense and which team members should be involved
- You’ll manage our PR agencies to get the most creativity and impact
- You’ll put your sharp writing and editing skills to work to ensure we have the right tone and content to resonate with the target audience
- Your knack for storytelling and understanding your audience will shine through in the presentations you shepherd through the creation process
- You’ll ensure we have opportunities for our executive team and other team members to raise the profile of The Muse through speaking engagements and writing contributions
- Along with our Director of B2B Marketing, you’ll cultivate our relationships with HR technology industry analysts
Why we’ll love you
- You have earned your PR chops through at least 5 years of relevant experience
- You’ve worked in-house at an internet/tech company for 3+ years, and we’ll die and go to heaven if you’ve managed PR for both sides of a two-sided marketplace or network
- You’ve led the agency selection and onboarding process and have success stories from your agency relationships
- You have amassed an established network of PR connections at major media outlets and have the proven ability to leverage these connections
- You can show that you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of media coverage and outreach, and you have an inherently strong attention to detail
- You’re a strategic thinker and clear communicator, distilling complex details into digestible summaries
- You’re known for your impressive storytelling skills
- What, you have experience in the recruitment or HR space, too? Bonus!
Why you’ll love us
- Our team is phenomenal
- Strict “no assholes” rule – we enjoy working together
- We invest in growing our people – personally and professionally
- You’ll be part of insane growth
- We offer a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits
What is The Muse?
The Muse is your ultimate career destination, offering exciting job opportunities, quality coaching, expert advice, and a peek behind the scenes into fantastic companies and career paths. We believe that you can and should love your job--and be successful at it--and we want to help make that happen. Whether you're just starting out, changing career paths, or aiming for the C-suite, we've got everything you need to take charge of your career.
So… do you want to change the way companies hire?
Back to top