Director of Branded Content
The Muse—the fast-growing career destination that helps people figure out what they want to do with their life and succeed once they get there—is expanding its editorial team and looking for a Director to oversee the operations and creative direction of our Branded Content team. This person should have 6-8 years experience in digital media, including significant experience managing branded content campaigns and operations for a daily publication.
Reporting to the Chief Content Officer, the Director of Branded Content will:
- Create compelling, larger-than-life branded content packages and work with our enterprise sales team to pitch and sell them
- Direct branded content team and freelancers in the pitch, creation, execution, and effectiveness across all campaigns, ensuring that each campaign is impactful and authentic to both brand (important) and reader (more important)
- Working collaboratively among sales, account management, editorial, creative, marketing, and social teams, develop processes and procedures to make sure the branded content operation is a well-oiled machine from pitch to execution
- Envision the future of our branded content operation and develop strategies to scale it effectively
- Partner with the sales and account management team on best practices for pitching and selling branded content, onboarding and brainstorming with clients, and pricing branded content
- Manage a team of 2 (and growing), plus freelance staff
Please apply if you:
- Have led a branded content team at a daily publication (or have significant experience managing branded content campaigns and operations for a daily publication)
- Have significant experience navigating client relationships (including agencies) and integrating with a sales team while maintaining editorial voice and interests first and foremost
- Are a high-level thinker with the proven operational chops to make those ideas come to life across editorial, marketing, design, tech, and other teams
- Get metrics through and through; knows how to define, track, and communicate results of branded content campaigns
- Have effectively hired and managed freelancers and staff members
- Are obsessive about the trends, best practices, and future of branded content
- Are most comfortable in a fast-paced, often changing environment
- Are known for an exemplary work ethic, positive attitude, and can-do spirit
- Have a demonstrated passion for helping others achieve their career dreams
What do we offer? We’re a venture-backed, fast-growing startup, but we’re still small enough that everyone who joins can have a major impact on the future of the company. We have a warm, playful, and collaborative office and we avoid assholes, prevent drama, and support one another. And our team of writers, editors, and contributors is just about the best around.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter that tells us why you’re the one for the job.
Back to top