Director, Account Management
- New York, NY
The Muse is a career platform used by over 70 million people to find their best-fit jobs, companies and careers, and was recently named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
As the Director, Account Management you’ll have ownership and responsibility for the entire Account Management organization. This includes revenue growth and forecasting, driving customer outcomes, talent management and development, and shaping the customer narrative through data. This position reports to the SVP, Revenue and is based in New York City.
Targeted start date is late 2020 or early 2021. That can be flexed earlier if necessary.
How you'll make an impact
- Revenue Growth, Forecasting
- Own the bookings growth and revenue performance of the entire account management organization, which consists of Enterprise, Mid-Market, and SMB segments
- Directly lead a team of Enterprise Account Managers who are responsible for achieving and surpassing dollar renewal rate targets through renewals and upsells, while partnering with the Manager of Account Management to do the same for our Mid-Market and SMB segments
- Forecast renewal rates and manage pipeline with accuracy in direct partnership with our Revenue and Finance leaders
- Set a clear and ambitious vision for the organization, but also think holistically about how this vision impacts the greater company
- Drive customer outcomes
- Increasing renewal rates and reducing churn
- Expand revenue through upsell
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption
- Partner with the Manager of Mid-Market Account Management to further understand and improve churn
- Be deeply analytical in identifying, monitoring and communicating trends with respect to account churn on a variety of bases, including segment, geo, vertical
- Systematically Identifying early signals for at risks accounts
- Reporting your findings to leadership to drive change that reduces churn in a meaningful way
- Ownership of business segments
- Work with Enterprise Account Managers and directly oversee the success of our Enterprise customer segment
- Help build relationships with key customers
- Partner with Enterprise AM’s to drive the strategy for their continued growth
- Build 1 on 1 relationships with key DM’s at Fortune 500 companies
- Direct activities of the Manager of Mid-Market Account Management, who oversees our Mid-Market and SMB segments
- Partner together to drive strategy for continued growth and success of these segments
- Oversee the continued improvement and development of systems and processes
- Talent Management/Development
- Attract high-quality talent while ensuring the team is engaged and productive.
- Help facilitate career growth within the account management organization, focusing on nurturing and growing talent within the team
- Own initiatives for the ongoing training and development of members of the Account Management Team
- Cross-Team Collaboration
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the product, data, sales, branded content and marketing teams to ensure positive customer outcomes
- Helping to shape the customer narrative through data
- Continue to iterate on the Quarterly business review process and help drive and shape the data narrative
- Partner with BI and product to take our data capabilities and what we report to customers to the next level
Why we'll love you
- You have 5+ years experience in sales/account management/customer success with 3+ years of direct management experience where you have managed managers
- Proven track record of successfully managing a team within established budget parameters, and allocating resources effectively based on internal and external demands
- Understand how to work cross-departmentally while being a true advocate for the customer and Account Management team concurrently
- Experience working with company financial leaders to set teamwide KPI goals
- Significant experience building direct customer relationships at senior level and handling escalations -- you relish in having real customer conversations and love the phone and in-person meetings
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- High level of intellectual curiosity -- you see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others
- You are a systems thinker -- you have a proven track record from taking processes that lack structure into effective/scalable systems
- You’re known for your grit, exemplary work ethic, and positive attitude
- You’re analytically-minded and can leverage data and analysis to provide value and solve business problems
- You are adept in strategic conversations with Fortune 500 companies and have experience with a low-touch leveraged support model as well
- Advanced Excel capabilities are a must
- As a plus, you’ve worked in the HR/Talent or marketing industry!
Why you'll love us
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Back to top