Digital Marketing Associate
The Muse was founded to make work more human by helping people navigate their careers and helping companies attract and retain great employees. Doing meaningful work is important to Musers, and our mission matters: to make everyone’s job search and work experience more enjoyable, helpful, and human. Creating the most beloved and trusted career destinations for the biggest brands and our job seekers feels really good.
As a Digital Marketing Associate, you’ll contribute to this mission by helping our marketing team connect with audience and clients through impactful email and social campaigns.
This position reports to the Senior Marketing Manager.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You’ll own our end-to-end email process for both our B2C and B2B businesses, from HTML creation to quality assurance, deployment, and reporting
- You’ll drive email open rates through user segmentation and evaluate opportunities weekly in our email service provider (ESP)
- You’ll help manage our B2B and B2C social media accounts, brainstorming creative ways to engage with users and clients
- You’ll work with different departments like Design, Product, and Account Management to assess their needs and help the marketing team prioritize requests
- You’ll run reports on engagement and conversion metrics, analyze the data, and report back meaningful insights to support campaign decisions
Why we’ll love you
- You have 1-2 years of digital marketing experience
- You’re excited to grow in your marketing career and willing to take on anything needed - no task is too small for you!
- You are familiar with HTML and CSS for email (You enjoy cross-functional collaboration and can work closely with other Muse teams to assess team needs and develop campaigns, including Product, Design, Coach Connect, and Account Management
- You are social media savvy and have a strong familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- You’re analytically-minded and love leveraging data to provide valuable insights that help solve business problems
- Your attention to detail and organizational skills are second to none
- You’re a self-starter who works well under pressure, has great judgment, and knows how to prioritize and handle multiple deliverables to meet tight deadlines
- As a plus, you have experience with an email marketing platform like Mailchimp or Exact target and are faimilar with Sprout Social, Hubspot, Mandrill, Photoshop and/or Canva
Why you’ll love us
- You’ll have the opportunity to directly reach our 5+ million users and 600+ clients
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Meet Some of The Muse's Employees
Co-Founder & CEO
Kathryn and co-founder Alex Cavoulacos lead The Muse in helping job-seekers around the world find their dream careers—from launching a career coaching service to writing a book on The New Rules of Work.
Back to top