At The Muse, we help our members feel more confident, more motivated, and more successful in their careers—no matter what stage they’re at. We know finding a career you love (at a company you care about) is no easy task. That's why we exist.
There’s a lot of cool technology behind our products, and our engineering team is looking for a Data Engineer to help us build a flexible and scalable high-performance pipeline for our data-driven features.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You’ll expand and maintain our internal event tracking and warehousing system, which collects hundreds of millions of events every month.
- You’ll design and optimize ETL processes to centralize access to our various data sources, and facilitate analysis for stakeholders throughout the company.
- Your collaborative work with our data scientists and analysts will enable real-time user behavior analysis, bringing new levels of personalization to our site’s experience.
- You’ll lay critical groundwork for other data-driven features that help millions of people curate their careers and find better jobs.
- You’ll help make sure that our data infrastructure is modern and contribute many great tools to the open source community.
Why we’ll love you
- You have at least 1+ year of experience in a data engineering, backend development, or a similar position.
- You have a natural feel for best practices with SQL. You can thoughtfully design a database to enable performant queries and use advanced features to make those queries fast and clean.
- You have experience with several database technologies, understand the strengths and weaknesses of each, and are curious to explore more.
- You have some experience or a strong interest in data analysis and machine learning.
Why you’ll love us
- We’re fanatical about finding the right tool for each job. We pick technologies because they make sense, and we’re not afraid to try something new when we feel that it could be useful, even if we’ve never used it before.
- Our team works on problems, not tasks. We like to help other teams turn their needs into great technology, and we give each engineer the freedom to tackle the challenges that they find most interesting.
- We move fast, with multiple releases every day and an iterative approach to developing new features and measuring their success.
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
- We also offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and tons of opportunities for personal development.
What is The Muse?
We suspect you’ve already Googled us, but, just in case, here’s a bit more in our own words.
The Muse is your ultimate career destination, offering exciting job opportunities, quality coaching, expert advice, and a peek behind the scenes into fantastic companies and career paths. We believe that you can and should love your job--and be successful at it--and we want to help make that happen. Whether you're just starting out, changing career paths, or aiming for the C-suite, we've got everything you need to take charge of your career.
As a new employee, you'll take part of an insane growth trajectory, fueled by the pent up demand of people seeking to answer the question, “What do I want to do with my life?”
As a company that emphasizes culture fit for companies and candidates, we actively seek out candidates that would fit in well with the development team and the larger organization.
We have a strict "no assholes" rule. We enjoy working together here.
Meet Some of The Muse's Employees
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Shlomo continually enhances The Muse's site by coding new features, creating new products, and collaborating with the rest of the Development Team to troubleshoot technical issues.
Back to top