Data Analyst, Business Intelligence & Analytics
The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 75 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
As the Data Analyst, Business Intelligence & Analytics, you will help Business, Product, Engineering, and Marketing stakeholders make insightful decisions by identifying relevant data, making it available through empowering reporting, and providing analysis that the stakeholders can use to make their decisions. You will help The Muse “level up” its data usage across the company by working on projects to ensure data quality and data governance. You care about identifying the right data points to answer the right questions with data. You are excited to be part of a team that will be operationalizing work to create a scalable team for the future of the organization.
How you’ll make an impact
- You’ll work with Product owners to understand product goals, define success metrics, identify tracking needed to answer questions, and build insightful reporting.
- You’ll run queries to support ad hoc business questions and create Looker dashboards to enable self-service of other teams.
- You’ll be responsible for identifying and helping to resolve data bug issues by providing analysis to communicate the issue and collaborating with Product and Engineering teams to identify and prioritize the fix. You’ll own bugs from the initial identification to the final resolution.
- You’ll support company-wide efforts to improve data quality, accessibility, and governance. You’ll help build out systems to make data more open, empowering end users to do their own analysis. You’ll create trainings to teach Musers how to use data for their roles. You’ll work on a framework to create consistent event tracking.
- You’ll help evaluate analytics tools and services to best meet the needs of the organization. You’ll help support and maintain these products, implementing changes to improve their functionality.
Why we’ll love you
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience in data analysis and are well versed in SQL, Looker, and Excel.
- You’re excited to not only provide answers but also to help people learn how to do their own analysis.
- You are a “data detective” and will investigate issues until you’ve identified the root cause, ensuring good quality data.
- You’re endlessly curious and never willing to ignore an outlier data point.
- You want to be part of a team that is creating a BI and Analytics team for the next phase of The Muse that is implementing new services and processes meet stakeholder needs.
- You want to provide input to strategic decisions and you bring the data to back your points up!
- You’re a strong communicator who’s able to translate non-technical requests into SQL queries and Looker dashboards and fully explain any insights made to the non-technical stakeholders.
- Bonus if you’re familiar with Google Analytics or other analytics platforms (like Mixpanel, Amplitude, Parse.ly), have experience with Salesforce data exploration, have experience with customer data platforms for event tracking (like Segment, mParticle, Heap, etc), and understand data infrastructure.
Why you'll love us
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Back to top