The Muse is looking for a Contracts Manager to join our growing legal team. In this position, you’ll help review, negotiate, and close all commercial agreements across the company, working closely with our Sales, Account Management, and Finance teams. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to help define processes that will impact our company for years to come.
How you’ll make an impact
- You’ll review, negotiate and support the process to close a variety of client, vendor, and commercial contracts and nondisclosure agreements, communicating both internally with our sales and account management teams and externally with our clients’ legal counsel
- You’ll review and interpret contract provisions to advise business teams with respect to risk
- You’ll be an expert on our product, business priorities, and mission, enabling you to provide guidance during contract review on commonly requested edits, non-standard terms, policies, etc.
- You’ll work closely with our Finance team to ensure contracts adhere to broader finance and risk requirements, including revenue recognition, profitability targets, pricing, etc.
- You’ll maintain contractual records and documentation such as contract correspondence, amendments, status reports, approvals, and other documents
- You’ll identify opportunities to streamline negotiations and educate clients and internal teams
- You’ll maintain an understanding of industry standards and local, state and/or federal standards
- You’ll support our In House Counsel on various research or ad hoc projects
Why we’ll love you
- You have 3-5 years of experience with a law firm or in house legal department
- You know how to draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements
- You’re an effective and positive person who can lead a process, focus on important issues, and efficiently bring deals to a favorable close
- You maintain high ethical standards and comply with company policy, laws, and regulations
- You express empathy and consideration for the thoughts, opinions, and values of those around you
- You enjoy working both independently and collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced environment
- Experience with Intellectual Property and Employment law is a plus!
Why you’ll love us
- Our team is phenomenal
- Strict “no assholes” rule—we enjoy working together
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- You’ll be part of insane growth
- We offer a competitive base salary, commission, equity, and benefits
What is The Muse?
The Muse is your ultimate career destination, offering exciting job opportunities, quality coaching, expert advice, and a peek behind the scenes into fantastic companies and career paths. We believe that you can and should love your job--and be successful at it--and we want to help make that happen. Whether you're just starting out, changing career paths, or aiming for the C-suite, we've got everything you need to take charge of your career.
If this is your dream job, please submit your resume and cover letter. We love cover letters; they help us get to know you.
Back to top