The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 75 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
Our Engineering team is growing, and we’re looking for an Application Developer to join our product and engineering team and be a part of creating our consumer and client-facing products. You’ll be working directly within a team of developers, product managers, and designers who are building a suite of products helping our users navigate their careers, from seeking career advice to researching and finding their next dream job, as well as tools for our clients in attracting the best possible candidates.
In this role you will report to the Director of Engineering, and will be working on extending the implementation of existing web-based products and creating new ones. We primarily utilize React, Django, Python, AWS, and Postgres to build our products while using an iterative approach to our software development. Don’t worry if some of those are new to you, as we are looking for someone who is looking to build great software, asking questions, learning new technologies, and looking to have a positive impact on the teams they work with.
How you'll make an impact
- You’ll build new features that help millions of people curate their careers and find better jobs. Your work on our backend systems and bridging them with our frontend will help us create modern, lean, well-built web applications that grow and improve every day.
- You’ll participate in forming our team’s best practices and implementing new functionality on our products.
- You’ll work with product managers, designers, and other engineers to turn product ideas and concepts into reality.
- You'll be a voice in our technical and product roadmap.
Why we’ll love you
- You are a strong programmer capable of writing high-performance production quality code.
- You are actively working on honing your engineering skills with technologies across the web stack. And though we use React, Django, Python, AWS, and Postgres, we’re happy to learn about your experiences with other platforms and stacks.
- You are interested in building and production-izing end-to-end systems at scale.
- You like to move fast – our team uses continuous integration and deployment practices to push to production multiple times every day following an iterative approach to developing new features.
- You’re fanatical about learning new tools. We like to pick technologies because they make sense. We’re not afraid to try something new when we feel that it could be useful, even if we’ve never used it before.
- You are committed to quality! You are someone who likes to tackle technical debt like to keep your teammates on their toes.
- Like us, you’re all about cross team collaboration.
Why you’ll love us
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Back to top