The Muse was founded to make work more human by helping people navigate their careers and helping companies attract and retain great employees. Doing meaningful work is important to Musers, and our mission matters: to make everyone’s job search and work experience more enjoyable, helpful, and human. Creating the most beloved and trusted career destinations for the biggest brands and our job seekers feels really good.
As an Account Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly impact the growth of our company and help redefine the way companies hire (and people find jobs). You’ll partner with our clients to help them discover the best path to fulfill their ongoing recruitment marketing and employment branding challenges.
This position reports to the Director of Account Management
How you’ll make an impact
- You’ll cultivate, maintain, and grow meaningful relationships with up to 75 Muse clients and represent The Muse externally
- You’ll develop a deep expertise of The Muse platform and talent industry and act as a trusted advisor to provide value and educate our clients on how to best utilize The Muse to showcase their employer brand
- You’ll exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue objectives, think strategically about how to increase renewals, and proactively upsell clients across the Muse platform
- You’ll ensure client satisfaction and long-term loyalty, manage client expectations, and solicit and act on client feedback
- You’ll solve problems creatively around how to best help clients engage with The Muse, using performance data to help inform decisions
- You’ll identify and execute improvements on our current processes, tools, reporting, and documentation
- You’ll work closely with our sales, editorial, marketing, and product teams to help deliver exceptional customer experiences
Why we’ll love you
- You have 1-3 years of experience in account management, sales, consulting, recruiting
- You take a consultative approach to uncovering clients’ business challenges and act as a trusted partner to advise clients on how to best use our product
- You're intellectually curious and have a need to constantly uncover information
- You have a successful track record in exceeding both renewal and upsell revenue goals
- You have exceptional objection-handling skills and an ability to align client needs with our product offerings
- You’re a creative problem solver who likes to test new ideas and measure success using data and analytics
- You build meaningful and lasting relationships with clients and colleagues alike
- You can tell us the stories about how you turned an angry customer into one that loved you again
- You’re known for your exemplary work ethic, positive attitude, and can-do spirit
- You’re a pro at crafting great emails and dialing the phone doesn’t scare you
Why you’ll love us
- You’ll have the opportunity to help clients like Slack, Facebook, and Squarespace amplify and improve their employer brand, putting them in a position to be more competitive in today’s war for talent
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Meet Some of The Muse's Employees
Micah manages a team of account executives who connect with organizations in the southern U.S. that are a good fit for The Muse—and helps craft a unique partnership with each client.
Back to top