- New York, NY
The Muse is a career platform used by over 70 million people to find their best-fit jobs, companies and careers, and was recently named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
As an Account Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to help companies like Headspace and Audible amplify and improve their employer brand, putting them in a position to be more competitive in today’s war for talent. This position reports to the Manager of Account Management and is based in New York City.
How You'll Make an Impact
- You’ll be a trusted partner for companies looking to attract and retain the best talent by cultivating, maintaining, and growing meaningful relationships with up to 65 Muse clients
- You’ll develop a deep expertise of The Muse, our employer branding solutions, and the talent industry
- You’ll help companies reveal their authentic brand story, recommending and delivering content solutions that bring these stories to life and give job seekers insight into their values and culture
- You’ll exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue objectives, thinking strategically about how to increase renewals and upsell clients across the Muse platform
- You’ll ensure client satisfaction and long-term loyalty, manage client expectations, and solicit and act on client feedback
- You’ll leverage performance data to give clients the tools they need to compete for the best talent out there
- You’ll identify opportunities to improve our current processes, tools, reporting, and documentation
- You’ll work closely with our sales, editorial, marketing, and product teams to deliver exceptional customer experiences and be the true voice of the customer
Why We'll Love You
- You have 2-3 years of experience in account management, sales, consulting, or recruiting
- You take a consultative approach to uncovering clients’ business challenges and act as a trusted partner to advise clients on how to best use our product
- You have an inexhaustible curiosity and constantly strive to discover new information—you love to learn by doing, researching, and sharing experiences
- You have a successful track record in exceeding both renewal and upsell revenue goals
- You have exceptional objection-handling skills and an ability to align client needs with our product offerings
- You’re known for your exemplary work ethic, grit, positive attitude, and solution oriented approach
- You're a creative problem solver who likes to test new ideas and work cross-functionally with other teams to brainstorm and independently drive new projects to completion
- You build meaningful and lasting relationships with clients and colleagues alike
- You can tell us the stories about how you turned an angry customer into one that loved you again
- You fight to the death to save a client from not renewing
- You’re a pro at crafting great emails and dialing the phone doesn’t scare you
Why You'll Love Us
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
Back to top