***Remote Qualifies in these states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, IL, MA, MI, MN, NJ, NY, PHL, PA, NYC, TN, TX, WI, VE***
HQ Locations are: New Hope, PA AND Philadelphia, PA
The Meet Group is looking to hire a Client Relations Specialist to join our "Community & Content” team. This role will be based in our New Hope office and reports to the Talent Development Lead. The Client Relations Specialist (CRS) will be expected to build and maintain long-term, meaningful business relationships with independent contractors & agency partners alike. Through these business relationships, the CRS will aim to bring new, diverse, and entertaining content creators to TMG’s suite of live streaming social media platforms. The CRS will be tasked with creating processes and structure to manage a growing supplier pipeline, utilize data for vendor performance management and vendor cost analysis, and work to automate reporting, service ticketing, and documentation processes.
A successful Client Relations Specialist is highly detail oriented and diligent in their work, self-sufficient and intrinsically motivated, has a desire to build meaningful relationships, can manage a multitude of partnerships at once, and has effective communication and negotiation skills.
As a Talent Partner Specialist on the Community and Content team, you will:
- Streamline current processes, as they relate to the supplier pipeline, in preparation for individual account growth and overall supplier expansion
- Automate any manual processes used for onboarding, documenting, organizing, analyzing & reporting more efficiently as it pertains to the suppliers and their represented talent
- Foster & manage existing relationships with key contractor and agency partners
- In conjunction with TMG’s vision, seek out and engage additional 3rd party relationships that would benefit the TMG portfolio of content and its creators
- Track and report performance of Client Partners in the program Propose new partners and potential revenue streams
At The Meet Group, you will:
- Screen profiles of streamers who are brought to our platforms by 3rd party partners
- Check against our Live Guidelines to ensure compliance with our content and moderation standards
- Review any existing streamer data or CRM notes to determine eligibility
- Pass or deny profiles for payment eligibility according to suppliers’ contract terms
- Utilize CRM to document streamer profile information, associated 3rd party representative(s), promotion period dates, task reminders, or pertinent notes of said user history
- Apply trending promotion codes on eligible accounts and removal of codes on under-performers
- Analyze data of all streamers from 3rd party sources to determine overall vendor performance, as well as cost analysis
- Provide streamer progress reports of any active talent to the associated 3rd party supplier
- Ensure partners are equipped with necessary stream strategy or app specific knowledge and materials in order to create a smooth onboarding experience
- Research the social media landscape, the influencer market, and content creation trends to help identify viable new partnerships
- Seek out connections and build relationships with potential new partners - agency or independent
- Facilitate contract negotiations
- Work as an official liaison between 3rd party partners, Talent, Finance, Moderation & Member Services, Marketing, Business Intelligence, and Legal
We're looking for:
- Associate Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred OR the equivalent in industry experience
- 2-5 years working in Sales, Account Management, Vendor Relations, Business Partner Relations, Talent Management, or similar, within one of the preferred industries listed above
- Strong data manipulation and reporting skills are a must.
- Advanced understanding of MS Excel and similar products.
- Ability to chart and analyze data trends
- Hands on experience utilizing a CRM (Customer Relationship Management), VMS (Vendor Management System), or other similar Information Management Systems
- Familiarity with HubSpot Pro is a plus
- Strong track record of building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships
- Experience negotiating contracts with entities of all sizes
- Effective communication skills across all mediums - i.e. text, email, video, phone, or face-to-face
The Meet Group is a leading provider of interactive livestreaming solutions designed to meet the universal need for human connection. Our ecosystem of social dating and live-streaming apps enables users around the world to interact through one-to-many livestreaming broadcasts and text-based conversations. Our top apps, MeetMe®, LOVOO®, Skout®, Tagged® and Growlr®, deliver live interactions and meaningful connections to millions of users daily. Headquartered in New Hope, PA, we have offices in Philadelphia, San Francisco, Dresden, and Berlin. For more information, visit themeetgroup.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
The Meet Group is an equal opportunity employer and a participating employer of Everify. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.