Software Engineer - PHP
- Philadelphia, PA
The Meet Group is looking for a Software Engineer to design and build RESTful APIs that are focused on consistency, flexibility, and performance. You will work with existing developers to help maintain and improve the codebase and help to integrate new features into shared services around Live Video.
As a Software Engineering on the Engineering team, you will:
- Deliver critical, consistent, flexible, and performant APIs to power feature delivery to our Web, Mobile Web, Android, and iOS clients.
- Collaborate with Mobile Engineers, DBAs, Product Managers, and Designers to deliver appropriate data that meets the product and technical needs of the various platforms.
- Work with highly scalable distributed systems that leverage asynchronous technologies, caching protocols, databases, microservers, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) to provide a quality experience to end users.
- Build and release products that impact millions of users.
- Work on interesting and impactful problems on a fast-paced agile team that emphasizes quality and peer review.
We're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience writing PHP
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing REST/JSON APIs
- 1+ year of experience working with relational databases for data storage
- 1+ year of experience with NoSQL databases such as Redis or DynamoDB
- Experience with event driven architectures using RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Familiarity with Github, Gerrit, and/or BitBucket for code storage and review
- Serve as a role model for our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Understand how to build scalable, resilient, and observable distributed systems
- Desire to work in an agile environment
- Desire and passion to learn new and grow in a new position
Some bonus points, if you have:
- Previous use of CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins
- Previous use of AWS Services including EC2, Fargate, Elasticache, RDS, DynamoDB, and/or S3 for deployment
- Production-level support via technical on-call rotations
- Experience with NodeJS, Java, or other Object-Oriented programming languages
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most important challenges
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match
- Extensive PTO plan and flexible working hours
The Meet Group is a portfolio of mobile social entertainment apps designed to meet the universal need for human connection. We leverage a powerful live-streaming video platform, empowering our global community to forge meaningful connections. Our primary apps, MeetMe®, LOVOO®, Skout®, and Tagged®, Growlr® entertain millions of mobile daily active users, generating untold numbers of casual chats, friendships, dates, and marriages. Our apps, available on iPhone, iPad, and Android in multiple languages, combine product innovation with sophisticated data science to both entertain and connect our audience. The Meet Group has a diversified revenue mix consisting of in-app purchases, subscription, and advertising, and we have offices in New Hope, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Dresden, and Berlin. For more information, visit themeetgroup.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
The Meet Group is an equal opportunity employer and a participating employer of Everify. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Back to top