Software Engineer - PHP
- Philadelphia, PA
The Meet Group is looking for a Software Engineer to design and build RESTful APIs that are focused on consistency, flexibility, and performance. You will work with existing developers to help maintain and improve the codebase and help to integrate new features into shared services around Live Video.
As a Software Engineering on the Engineering team, you will:
- APIs are critical for our Web, Mobile Web, Android, and iOS apps. We're committed to delivering consistent, flexible, and performant APIs that unblock feature teams.
- Design, build, and maintain RESTful APIs to allow our various apps across all platforms to be expanded with new functionality. The role involves collaborating with engineers across the Web and Mobile teams to ensure newly developed APIs are designed appropriately according to the technical needs of the various platforms.
- Collaborate with DBAs, Product Managers, and Designers to ensure that the technical and product requirements are understood and achievable.
We're looking for:
- 3+ years of PHP development experience
- 2+ Years working within an event-driven microservice architecture.
- 4+ Years working with databases both SQL and NoSQL.
- 2+ Years experience building REST APIS.
- Strong empathetic communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and independent problem solving skills.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most important challenges
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match
- Extensive PTO plan and flexible working hours
The Meet Group is a portfolio of mobile social entertainment apps designed to meet the universal need for human connection. We leverage a powerful live-streaming video platform, empowering our global community to forge meaningful connections. Our primary apps, MeetMe®, LOVOO®, Skout®, and Tagged®, entertain millions of mobile daily active users, generating untold numbers of casual chats, friendships, dates, and marriages. Our apps, available on iPhone, iPad, and Android in multiple languages, combine product innovation with sophisticated data science to both entertain and connect our audience. The Meet Group has a diversified revenue mix consisting of in-app purchases, subscription, and advertising, and we have offices in New Hope, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Dresden, and Berlin. For more information, visit themeetgroup.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
The Meet Group is an equal opportunity employer and a participating employer of Everify. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Back to top