As a Senior Database Administrator, you will create, maintain, tune, and manage multiple databases in TMG's colos as well as in the cloud. As a subject matter expert in databases and data architecture, you will collaborate with and mentor engineers, data scientists and DBAs. Above all you should be passionate about uptime, performance, scaling, correctness and reliability of the huge data sets that run TMG's services on a global scale.
- Work in a 24-7 environment to manage and maintain our existing large scale PostgreSQL infrastructure.
- Work within the DBA team to ensure database performance and reliability.
- Maintain monitoring and reporting systems for our Postgres clusters.
- Perform data retention, mining and maintenance tasks.
- Ensure backups.
- Work with engineering teams to create and enhance schema and database APIs.
- BS or MS Degree from an accredited University in Computer Science, Math or Engineering, with a minimum of 10 years work experience as a DBA in the IT industry.
- 4+ years of Database administration experience in PostgreSQL.
- 4+ years of experience working in UNIX/Linux environments.
- 3+ years of experience working with large databases.
- Ability to create third normal form schemas.
- Ability to write advanced SQL queries.
- Experience developing PL/pgSQL.
- Operations experience with related database tasks such as monitoring, performance tuning, backup, and recovery.
- Experience with 24x7 zero downtime database management.
- Experience with highly available web applications.
- Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes.
- Ability to program in at least two of the following languages: C/C++, PHP, Python, NodeJS, Java.
- Very strong knowledge of BASH scripting.
- A strong understanding of clustering methodologies and optimizations.
- Experience in large scale OLTP environments.
- Experience administering and developing in AWS.
- Experience with Skytools (specifically PgBouncer and PL/Proxy).
- Experience with PostgreSQL extensions and their application.
- Experience with various PostgreSQL replication systems.
- Experience migrating databases to PostgreSQL.
- The ability and desire to learn new technologies while supporting existing systems.
The Meet Group (NASDAQ: MEET) is a portfolio of mobile social entertainment apps designed to meet the universal need for human connection. We leverage a powerful live-streaming video platform, empowering our global community to forge meaningful connections. Our primary apps, MeetMe®, LOVOO®, Skout®, and Tagged®, entertain millions of mobile daily active users, generating untold numbers of casual chats, friendships, dates, and marriages. Our apps, available on iPhone, iPad, and Android in multiple languages, combine product innovation with sophisticated data science to both entertain and connect our audience. The Meet Group has a diversified revenue mix consisting of in-app purchases, subscription, and advertising, and we have offices in New Hope, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Dresden, and Berlin. For more information, visit themeetgroup.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
The Meet Group is an equal opportunity employer and a participating employer of Everify. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
#040219 ifwe meetme skout tagged hi5
Back to top