Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will build tools that collect, centralize and curate large volumes of data from various The Meet Group products at any scale. Working closely with our Data Scientists, you will also build and maintain real-time data pipelines to support machine learning and predictive scoring algorithms. As a subject matter expert in data architecture, you will mentor junior engineers and data scientists. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets to answer critical business questions on a global scale.
- Lead the development and maintenance of a scalable data pipeline
- Gather requirements, scope, architect, develop, build, release, and maintain data oriented projects for different parts of the organization, considering performance, stability, and an error-free operation
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Architect scalable and reliable data solutions to move data across systems from multiple products in nearly real time
- Help evaluate new tools and technologies to keep technology stack at the cutting edge
- Help debug critical issues in complex designs or coding schemes
- Monitor existing metrics, analyze data, and partner with other internal teams to solve difficult problems creating a better customer experience.
- BS in CS, or Masters Preferred with solid understanding of CS concepts such as common data structures and algorithms
- Working with cross-functional teams and business customers is second nature to you
- 5+ years of experience building pipelines for processing large amounts of data
- Proficiency with Python and other scripting languages
- Solid experience with Hadoop including MapReduce, Hive and Spark
- Experience with Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with Node.js, Java and Scala
- Extensive hands on experience with AWS and cloud-based computing such as EC2, EMR, Kinesis and Redshift
- You have built a data pipeline and the infrastructure required to deploy machine learning algorithms and real-time analytics in low latency environments
- Experience with Tableau, including report and dashboard development
- Understanding of build systems, and other software configuration tools such as Jenkins and Rundeck
- Experience with Postgres, Redis or Cassandra
The Meet Group (NASDAQ: MEET) is a portfolio of mobile social entertainment apps designed to meet the universal need for human connection. We leverage a powerful live-streaming video platform, empowering our global community to forge meaningful connections. Our primary apps, MeetMe®, LOVOO®, Skout®, and Tagged®, entertain millions of mobile daily active users, generating untold numbers of casual chats, friendships, dates, and marriages. Our apps, available on iPhone, iPad, and Android in multiple languages, combine product innovation with sophisticated data science to both entertain and connect our audience. The Meet Group has a diversified revenue mix consisting of in-app purchases, subscription, and advertising, and we have offices in New Hope, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Dresden, and Berlin. For more information, visit themeetgroup.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
The Meet Group is an equal opportunity employer and a participating employer of Everify. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
#v120417 ifwe meetme skout tagged hi5
Back to top