The Linux Foundation Overview
The Linux Foundation is creating the greatest shared technology investment in history by enabling open source collaboration across companies, developers, and users. We are the organization of choice to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption.
The Linux Foundation is seeking to hire a full-time Systems Administrator on our IT Support team, to administer enterprise SaaS systems and assist in resolution of issues for our internal and external global end users.
- Enterprise application configuration and administration for numerous SaaS, off-the-shelf, and in-house-developed platforms used to provide IT and collaboration services for our staff and open source projects.
- Assist staff, client, and open source community members who report service issues or change orders, providing the first line of troubleshooting and resolution or escalation to system engineers, software developers, or other departments.
- Provide Enterprise IT services such as staff onboarding, technology orientation, and offboarding, as well as some workstation and home networking troubleshooting in a BYOD environment.
- Work within the constraints of client service level agreements.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Fit in with the culture: helpful, humble, hopeful
- Degree in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent combination of formal training and professional experience.
- Knowledge of management and best practices for Mac OS X desktop; wired and wireless consumer networking; email and office suites.
- Aptitude for remote, phone and email-based troubleshooting
- A desire to use your knowledge and expertise to help others use technology!
The Ideal Candidate
- Can use git (branches; merge conflict resolution)
- Has JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, and Confluence configuration experience
- Has G Suite (Google Apps) administration experience
- Understands networking and DNS fundamentals
- Demonstrable CLI scripting, regex skills for automating repeat tasks
- Is familiar with open source communities and culture
The Linux Foundation is a largely all-remote workforce that hires top-notch talent. We are as passionate about providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are in helping Open Source Software communities. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office. We offer exceptional exceptional healthcare plans and other benefits.
Back to top